Love the Night Sky is five years old. Over the past year, we have doubled in size and we’d like your help to do the same again this coming year.
We’re an astronomy website whose goal is to help novice and aspiring backyard astronomers to get more success and enjoyment from their hobby. Part of that mission is to write detailed, helpful, and easy-to-follow guides to finding and observing the best sights the northern hemisphere night sky has to offer.
If you’ve not already guessed, this is a position for a high-quality writer with current practical experience of telescope astronomy. If you love astronomy and writing, this is the perfect position for you.
We’re growing fast and you’ll be one of a small team of enthusiastic astronomy writers. You’ll be coming on board just as we’re about to relaunch our website with a cleaner, more modern, and easier-to-access design.
To begin with, we’ll be looking for you to produce two articles per month of up to 2,500 words each, including plenty of helpful annotated star maps to guide readers in finding specific objects, just like this one. You’ll need to have seen each object in your own scope so you can give a clear, first-hand perspective of what the reader will see and help them observe it more effectively.
- You SHOULD have 3+ years of writing experience
- You MUST provide links to at least two published articles in the astronomy niche, ideally, these will be on different websites or in different publications
- You SHOULD demonstrate knowledge of Stellarium or SkySafari software
- You MUST be a practicing astronomer with access to a telescope
- We pay $0.10 per word for great astronomy writers
- Consistent two articles per month to begin with, which is likely to grow
- You’ll have video calls with the owner to stay in touch with the wider business
- Work from home and under your own steam to deadlines that fit your life
- Full credit for your articles with an author bio page