Our company is looking to hire an experienced food appliance and recipe writer for our growing kitchen blog.
You will be responsible for editing, updating and expanding on existing popular posts currently live on our site.
i.e. Taking an existing post from 600 words to 1,500 words with additional details, notes etc., all to provide additional value to the reader.
The ideal candidate will;
- Be a native American English speaker/writer
- Have experience writing for food/kitchen related websites
- Be confident in independent research in a food-related topic and transforming that research into written text in a variety of forms to which best suit the reader
- Familiar with posting in WordPress Gutenberg editor
Your responsibilities will include;
- Reading through the existing article and coming up with ideas on how the topic could be expanded to deliver further value.
- Researching the ideas to ensure the information within your writing is correct
- Writing additional content to expand on the current post (this could be anything from 30% to 100% increase in word count)
- Adding this content to the WordPress blog under the correct headers (H2, H3 etc)
- Editing your writing to ensure correct formatting, grammar, spelling etc.
- Checking for plagiarism (tools provided)
- Adding outgoing internal links to other related content where applicable
Please respond with the following;
- Three examples of existing pieces of work that you've contributed to
- Your experience writing for a food/kitchen related website
- Your availability (number of words per week)
- Your current rate (per 1,000 words)
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if you’re not a native speaker of American English.