We are looking for an editor to collaborate with our CS and writers to produce well-written and well-researched pieces of content. Our company owns a portfolio of websites of several different niches (audio, headphones, skincare, tech, etc).
As an editor, you're expected to:
- Work closely with our Content Strategist and Writers
- Assess and suggest improvements on the content flow
- Identify claims or insights that require further context or proof
- Spot and edit weird phrasings, grammatical mistakes, and fluff.
- Provide constructive feedback to help writers improve
- Follow a specific set of style and editing guidelines
If you think you match this description well, add the word ‘Definitely’ before your answer when asked, “Briefly explain why you are a great fit for this role.”, in the Application Form below.
- If deemed qualified, you’ll be offered a pay range of $15-$30/hour depending on skill level.
- Payments are sent every 1st of the following month.
“HARD SKILLS” NEEDED:
- At least 1-year work experience as a Content Editor or any similar role
- Solid writing skills backed by an online portfolio
- Comfortable with handling a wide range of subjects
- Speed: can edit 1000-3000 word articles at max 3 hours
“SOFT SKILLS” NEEDED:
- Detail-oriented. Able to follow a set of requirements and processes, and has a keen eye to identify points of improvement
- Responsible. The editors set their own deadlines; it is their responsibility to adhere to them.
- Respectful. No “finger-pointing” and “shaming”.
- Communicative. Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
To apply, please fill out our Google Form by clicking the Apply button below.