Seeking freelance writers with experience writing personal finance & credit-related articles, especially topics concerning credit cards, credit reports, student loans, mortgages, and other financial subjects.
- Native English language - Prefer US Citizen w/ experience using credit in the US
- Experience writing professionally in personal finance (ex. wallethub.com, nerdwallet, iwillteachyoutoberich.com, etc.)
- Portfolio of published personal finance content
We are looking for a writer that can produce consistent, high-quality content weekly. This includes producing outlines for approval, completing articles in a timely fashion, turning revisions over to editorial quickly, and maintaining clear communication throughout the process. If you cannot commit to a regular schedule or hit weekly deadlines, then this is not the position for you.
Articles range from 1,000 to 5,000 words, depending on need. Voice is clear, concise, and informative, with no fluff or language padding. We also need people who can pick up our style and voice quickly, and require less direct editing and revision as our working relationship continues.
This is a long term, consistent freelance gig that is budgeted to last for at least 12 months. You should have the availability to produce 1-3 articles a week.
Usual post formats are educational, long-form blog posts that follow best SEO practices. We provide tools for you to compare your writing against keywords and our preferred structure.
When applying, include:
- Link to your resume or website
- Links to 3-5 related pieces you’ve published elsewhere
- Your rates
- Weekly availability
- Include “Sense” in your message