Thank you for your interest in joining the team!
A bit about my agency and myself - My name is Jay Regan & I own an e-commerce product business in the paddle board space called GILI Sports. We have over 1000 positive product reviews, and we strive make the most killer SUPs and accessories out there. The content you edit will posted on our blog, which is growing every month, so your work will definitely be read!
Your role as content editor include fact checking writer’s articles, checking the articles structure and content for on-page SEO optimization, checking the writer researched the outline and articles in full. Additionally, if you have the skills, you will be publishing blog posts within our blog content platform.
To give you some context, the articles you edit will be posted on an e-commerce site & sent to our email subscribers as content. The goal is to keep subscribers engaged and interested with content in the paddle board space. We strive to create the best content out there, and create content that Google likes (ex: content that ranks!).
The articles can range from complex and long (2500+ words) to shorter articles in the 1000 word range. I will provide the topics and strategy. However, if you have any ideas, I'm totally open to it!
For this job posting, I will be screening 3-5 candidates by having them write edit one article. I will either choose one candidate for 3-8 articles per week. I’m looking to hire someone within one week of this job post.
We’re really looking for writers who take pride in their work and want to work with us on a consistent, on-going basis.
We're looking for candidates who:
1. Never misses deadlines
2. Listens to direction
3. Have excellent writing, and editing skills, and who have excellent grammar and sentence structure
4. Are very familiar with how to use & operate Google Drive
5. Can communicate ideas effectively
6. Graciously accepts constructive feedback
7. Possesses the ability to deal with changes in procedures frequently
8. Has the capability to take on more hours
9. Is reasonably responsive to messaging
10. Who know on-page SEO optimization (a huge bonus).
11. Have a very high attention to detail
12. Are familiar with SEO and keyword research (a huge bonus)
13. Proven experience as a content editor, web editor, or similar role
When applying, please send an example of your editing work via Google Docs with edit access enabled.
Please also answer these questions in this order:
1. What is a hyperlink?
2. Which sentence has the proper usage they're, there, and their? Please answer with a, b, or c.
a) Look at that dinosaur over they're!
b) Look at that dinosaur over there!
c) Look at that dinosaur over their!
3. Is it possible to make an image clickable?
4. Do you have experience with SurferSEO?
5. If you have any blog posts you’ve edited in the past, please include a link as your answer. If you have not or can not provide a link, please answer with "I can not provide an example of my work."
6. What are H1/H2/H3/H4 tags and what makes them important?
7. What is "anchor text" and why is it important?
8. What is internal linking, and why is it important?
9. Is bolding, underlining, and italicizing important in writing blog articles? Why?
10. How do you determine if a piece of writing is good?
11. Describe a time when you were fact-checking and found conflicting information. How do you determine which source to trust?
12. Have you ever received negative feedback on a piece of writing that you have signed off? What was your response?
13. How do you plan and prioritize your work?
10. What is your best email address?
11. What is your salary requirement per article or per word.
We will be reviewing applications this week and will reach out beginning December 15. The positions will begin the following December 23.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team, I'm looking forward to meeting you!