We're looking for writers who would like to write about the following topics:
- Backyard & Outdoor Decor
- Home Design
It is not required to have experience in all of these categories. However, experience in at least a few of these niches is a plus.
We offer up to $6 per 100 words. So please bid based on this number.
- Be a native English writer or possess excellent written English
- Have a PayPal account, preferably
- Be detail-oriented
- Willing to conduct research on the topic
- Have excellent written communication skills
About the position
The position will start with 4-6 blog posts per month, with more room to grow beyond this if you can deliver consistent quality work. Each blog post will have a variable number of words, mostly 1000-4000 words per post.
Please note that we have very high editorial standards compared to most other blogs. Every post that we publish goes through our strict editorial process where we check all claims and ideas for accuracy. Our readers trust us and we absolutely must ensure the highest quality content.
You'll be assigned topics by us and given a submission deadline. It's quite likely that in the first couple of weeks there will be a lot of feedback and editing required, but generally, once a writer gets into the swing of things, that part should be minimal.
All content must be original, actionable, informative, and to the point. No fluff or filler!
Note that we only require our writers to write the content with some text formatting in the article. Articles have to be submitted in Google Doc (no web design required).
Here's an example of the brief:
If you cannot follow the brief, please do NOT apply. Save your and my time.
- Articles must be written, edited, and gone through a round (or a few) of fixes before payment is made
- Payment will be made through PayPal - you will need to prepare an invoice
How to apply
- Please apply through this Google Form: https://forms.gle/sBcmaWngr4NsscA9A
- If we like the samples you provided, we will contact you to write a paid test article.
- The test article will represent a typical task we assign to our writers.
- The test article rate will have a smaller rate we’ll discuss separately.
After passing the test
- If you wrote a test article and we liked it, we will offer you a trial period of 6 (six) articles.
- The trial articles will be paid based on a smaller rate we’ll discuss separately (it will be higher than the test article rate).
After the trial period ends
- Once the trial period passes, we will hire you permanently at the rate we agreed on in this job posting.
Extra instructions for applying
- Since paying attention to details and reading the instructions carefully is essential for this job, I’d like to make sure that you did read this posting till the end. To prove that, in the “Any questions for me?” section of the form, include this word: colibri.
We apologize in advance if you don’t hear back from us. Due to the high volume of applicants, we’ll only be able to get back to writers whom we feel may be a good fit.
Please follow the instructions above to ensure that your application is considered.
Thanks and good luck!