I'm Joe the founder of https://www.smokedbbqsource.com/
Over the last 3 years I have been building up the website to become a complete resource for anyone who wants to learn about traditional ‘low and slow’ barbecue and mastering the art of grilling and smoking meat.
We are growing quickly (just recently hit 4 million pageviews) and I’ve decided that it’s time to let someone else take the wheel and manage the editorial process.
I’m looking for a talented editor to oversee the content creation process working directly with the owner (that’s me) and a small team of freelance writers to create 16 (on average) new pieces of in-depth content per month.
You should have a deep understanding of creating great content that generates traffic, links, and shares.
This is a highly flexible part-time role estimated 20 hours a week but could develop into full time for the right candidate.
I'm looking for someone who will be focused on this role, not just looking to add additional hours to their freelance workload.
- Manage the content calendar by developing article ideas, assigning briefs, editing content and assisting with formatting and publishing.
- Evaluate and edit content (Including line editing, fact-checking, conceptual editing and rewriting when needed)
- Work with a small team of writers to provide constructive feedback, make sure they are hitting deadlines and occasionally hire new writers when needed.
- Implement SEO best practices
- Assist with updating and improving already published articles.
- 2+ Years editorial experience, preferably with a digital publishing background
- Excellent writing, proofreading and copywriting skills
- Self motivated and well organized
- At least a basic understanding of SEO
- Experience in recruiting and managing writers
- Comfortable working in a remote team and using tools like Google Drive, Asana and Slack.
Optional but ideal:
- Experience working with WordPress
- Have some experience in one or more of the following areas - SEO, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, PR / Guest Posting
- You should enjoy firing up the grill from time to time. If you are a vegan this might not be the right job for you :)
Benefits of working with us
- Highly flexible working arrangement - How and when you work is up to you. We are based in Australia and have writers from the US and UK.
- Work with the owner and have an impact - We are keen to learn from your experience and will be looking for you to own and take full credit for the editorial process.
- Room to learn new skills - Working in a small but rapidly growing content business there will be plenty of opportunities for you grow your digital publishing/marketing skillset.
While this is a freelance position, we are looking for someone who wants a stable, long term position.
How to apply
Please fill out the Google Form to apply.