'The ‘a’ in aThemes stands for Awesome. That’s right—we don’t beat around the bush.
We create well-designed and easy to use WordPress themes, backed by speedy support and frequent updates. We have 100k+ users from around the world. Our blog reaches hundreds of thousands a month with our reviews, roundups, and guides.
Those numbers are growing. Needless to say, we could do with some help. That’s where you come in!
aThemes is looking for a part-time Content Editor for our high-traffic blog (athemes.com/blog) about all things WordPress (themes, plugins etc). This position will be 10-20 hours initially with the potential to become full-time in the future. You will be working closely with the founder and a couple of freelance writers.
What you’ll do
- Regularly review published articles to ensure that they are up to date, accurate and on par with our competitors
- Edit content to improve flow
- Manage the editorial calendar
- Monitor analytics, compile monthly reports and take action
Bonus points if you can manage an editorial calendar (we only work with a handful of writers, so it's not too complicated).
What you’ll need to bring to the table
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to communicate well and provide feedback to authors
- Solid knowledge of SEO
- Interested in WordPress and online publishing
- Experience building your own websites or blogging, particularly with WordPress, is preferred
This is a great opportunity for an editor/content manager to join a small but ambitious team in a hands-on role to guard the quality of a well-established blog and help it grow.
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation. We are looking to pay in the $20-$30 an hour range (negotiable).
- Massive autonomy. No one likes to be micro-managed, and we don't like to micro-manage anyone (If you need that kind of hand holding and direction, we're not going to be your cup of tea!).
In your application, please talk about your experience with WordPress as well as with editing blog content, plus anything else you think we should know.