At Joy of Android, we believe that the right choice of technology can significantly improve the quality of our lives. That’s why we produce compelling and informative content aimed to help people use technology better, and even change their lives through the advice, help and features on our site.
About Digital Editor Role:
Joy of Android is looking for an experienced editor to conceptualise and edit great articles for our site, intended to build and expand our audience and drive engagement.
Working closely with the Head of Content, the Digital Editor will concept, assign, edit and on occasion write story content and ensures that the editorial staff adheres to Joy of Android standards and processes and supports collaborative projects with other departments.
- Creating and maintaining the Joy of Android content calendar
- Manage global network of freelancers
- Edit all article content, from how-tos and app reviews to long form content
- Ensure posts adhere to SEO best practices and internal guidelines
- Create internal briefings for high value posts for other departments
- Work hand in hand with content promotion team members to drive traffic with high quality and identifiable content
- Work closely with the Head of Content on strategic content initiatives and editorial team processes
- Maintain the daily RSS driven newsletter
- Manage projects to enhance Joy of Android’s content strategy
- Write articles, as needed, to fill content gaps
- Have an understanding of the Android space, applications and platforms
- Have 2+ years of writing and editorial experience
- Have the ability to work remotely and independently, while meeting deadlines
- Can motivate freelancers from across the globe to create great, compelling and informational content that drives readership
- Understand the value of readership metrics and content testing to inform editorial strategy