Your job in a nutshell: writing and editing informative articles about business, entrepreneurship, and workplace topics. You will produce definitive articles, with the goal of educating a broad audience while earning citations from other publications that write about these subjects.
Fit Small Business (FSB) seeks a Digital Content Writer with a journalism background to join our team. You will spearhead a new content initiative, writing and editing web articles with the intent of garnering press coverage and passive links. Your work will likely evolve quickly to match the pace of our scaling, and that’s part of what would attract you to FSB.
Our Mission: To deliver the best answers to people’s questions.
Named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than three million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
This position includes:
- Writing a range of articles, including:
- Broad, authoritative overviews of business topics for people unfamiliar with the subjects. Like an encyclopedia article, but both more readable and more practical.
- Introductory guides that provide consumers an entry point to content areas that may be new to them.
- Data-driven journalism stories, enhanced with visualizations, that make complex topics more easily understood.
- Your own article concepts with the goal of garnering web citations and media coverage.
- Grabbing the attention of online readers in a crowded space while showcasing your expertise, authority, and trustworthiness.
- Working with graphic designers to create compelling visuals that make our content more link-worthy.
- Working with contractors and freelancers to develop templated articles that curate stats, quotes, and more resources that other web writers can cite in their articles.
- Tenacious fact checking while using creative, compelling, and conversational copy to engage readers.
Does this sound like you?
- You communicate clearly, providing context and clarity so your team can act.
- You organize in order to move quickly and support team collaboration.
- You use data and analytics to inform your decisions.
- You value working with forward-thinking, curious, and supportive teammates.
- You embrace change as an opportunity to learn.
- You enjoy working with digital media and take pride in collaboratively producing high quality content.
The successful candidate for this Digital Content Writer role will be a standout reporter, writer, and editor, ready to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Write compelling reference content, breaking down complicated subjects into big picture articles for a general audience.
- Pull facts, statistics, and details together to paint a clear and compelling picture.
- Assimilate our expert content on business topics, and develop compelling general-audience-friendly stories based on our content.
- Compile and analyze data and break down the info into a meaningful story for a general audience.
- Direct the design team to align infographics with the article and relevant data.
- Connect our content areas to news topics and current events.
- Identify topics online journalists, writers, and publications are likely to cite or link to, and develop content around those areas.
- Find web pages that have successfully obtained links in the past, identify how we can write a better article, and write that better article for publication on our site.
- Provide guidance to divisional teams on how they can make content more linkable.
- Use AP style writing, copy-editing, and research skills.
- You have a track record of producing articles that have received viral digital coverage.
- You have multiple years of experience writing for online news or general interest outlets, with some of that time managing or coaching other writers.
- You tell a great story with compelling data and tight, precise language.
- You understand what makes a story readable, whether it is a hard-hitting, facts-based article or lighter fare.
- You understand all things editorial, especially on topical, news-oriented content.
- You may have managed contractors and/or freelancers to produce content that aligns with organizational standards and priorities.
Tools you will use:
Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, WordPress, Guru, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz
It's OK if you have not used these, just be excited to learn them.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Quality health insurance subsidized by FSB
- 401K plan with matching (no waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability paid by FSB
- Social hours and employee events
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to grow
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and hard-working colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply please go to : https://grnh.se/c11dd3162