Android Authority is looking for an eagle-eyed, tech-literate copy editor to proof and format articles to be posted on https://www.androidauthority.com
Article types will include technology product reviews, technical explainers, and features (never fear, we write about more than just Android).
The copy editor will ensure the submitted text is grammatically correct, clear, and concise. You will then format the text in WordPress according to supplied guidelines for each content type, adding images, links, and other on-page elements. The copy editor will liaise with the section editor and writer on any potential issues in the text.
Speed is of the essence for this role. It is expected that the copy editor will work regular hours, but being available at irregular times is a bonus. Given the erratic nature of the tech industry, working on weekends, evenings and public holidays will occasionally be required.
Familiarity with technology — in particular mobile tech — and knowledge of technical terms is essential. You don't need to be a Linux kernel developer to succeed in this role but you must have an active understanding of the terms and concepts our team writes about.
The role is part-time, remote, and can be very flexible. Compensation is scaled to experience, and we pay competitively within our industry.
You will be notified when new copy has been submitted. Your task will be to get the text publish-ready as quickly as possible. This can be done on an ad-hoc basis throughout the day or during set times.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an eagle eye for detail, grammar, and punctuation
- Be familiar with the Associated Press style
- Be technically literate and familiar with mobile technology
- Be fluent in written U.S. English
- Interlink related content according to SEO guidelines
- Choose relevant imagery to illustrate the text from our media library
- Liaise with writers and section editors
- Correctly categorize and tag content
- Be flexible and communicative about availabilities
- Submit their application with two mistakes found in this ad