Love what you do. It’s a core value that drives our business. Plus, we’re pretty fun.
At Brad’s Deals, we are committed to creating the consumer advantage by delivering researched savings and expert advice. As part of our Editorial team, you'll be at the core of our business: finding and posting the best deals available online every day. Deal Editors are passionate consumer advocates and expert online shoppers who leave no stone unturned in their hunt for the lowest prices and biggest savings.
If you are looking for a boring clock-in and clock-out job, this isn’t the one for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy using your problem-solving skills and ingenuity daily while working where high-quality standards and integrity are essential, please continue reading.
This position includes:
- Identifying, writing, and publishing the internet’s best deals based on thousands of retailers.
- Acting as a gatekeeper for our deal content. We never publish a deal unless it is something we would recommend to a friend or family member.
- Strategic, thoughtful work that directly impacts our company’s bottom line. You’ll be evaluating deal performance with our data tools daily.
- Communicating directly with readers in our comments and helping them resolve problems they are having.
· An excellent command of the written word and comfort working with style guides. Work experience as a writer or editor preferred.
· The ability to write in the Brad's Deals voice and self-edit in a fast-paced publishing environment.
· A passion for hunting down information online with a well-refined internal BS detector.
· A knack for online shopping and understanding consumer behavior.
· A keen awareness of popular trends, products, and brands within specific verticals.
· The ability to work an atypical schedule that will involve regular weekend work on a permanent basis, as well as the expectation of working many holidays. This is not a standard 9-5 role.
All deal editors participate in the same initial training, and are cross-trained in all Editorial responsibilities, however, at this time, we are particularly looking for editors that will eventually join our Merchandising Editor team and our Merchant Expansion Editor team.
· Enjoy developing strategic relationships within the company and with our retail partners.
· Communicate comfortably and professionally with retail partners.
· Frequently multi-task and balance multiple projects at once in a time-sensitive environment.
· Work constructively and positively with others, while acting as a gatekeeper and delivering critical feedback.
Merchant Expansion Editors:
· Primarily post deals submitted by retailers and marketplace sellers through an internal portal.
· Review a high volume of potential deals daily with a very critical eye.
· Use data on previous deal performance to prioritize deal posting.
· Provide rejection feedback that is honest, helpful, and courteous.
If this description speaks to you, and you meet the requirements, please submit the following (all without will be ignored):
1) Your resume.
2) A cover letter detailing which of the specializations outlined above is best aligned with your interests and experiences, as well as any product verticals in which you have experience. You can find the verticals we cover here: https://www.bradsdeals.com/categories
3) Three original sample deals that you would post as a Brad's Deals Editor. Your deals should relate to the verticals in which you have an expertise and should emulate the tone and style of deals on our site as closely as possible.
Our StoryBrad’s Deals continues to save consumers over $200 million a year by sharing the best deals out there. We live out our core values with a ‘Consumer’s first, always’ mindset to deliver the most value every day.
Started by Brad in 2001, our purpose remains the same to help create smarter shopping habits and to keep it real with expert lifestyle and financial advice.
Our culture embraces diversity with different talents, experiences, and backgrounds that help us be exceptional together. With competitive pay, full health benefits, 401K match, plenty of paid time off including a paid sabbatical, and creative perks, we also believe in work-life integration and continued learning.
As one of the 50 Best Places to Work, located in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood, we partner with over 2,500 retailers to help 5.5 million consumers save more every month. So if you want to challenge the ordinary and love what you do, we want to hear from you.
Brad’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
'Embrace diversity’ is one of our core values because our differences make us stronger together. To make the world a more inclusive and safe place, we start within our company to intentionally lead with equal opportunities. We encourage the value that unique talents, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences bring to our company, our employees, and our future applicants. We welcome all applicants, whether or not you meet every qualification, to share your unique talents with us.
*Please note: Due to the potential personal and business impacts of Covid-19, Brad's Deals is taking a proactive approach by allowing our employees to work from home. As such, our hiring teams will be conducting virtual interviews with potential candidates as we continue to monitor the effects of the pandemic across our local community.