We're looking for a remote content writer with experience creating helpful content for the general public. You will use researching, writing, and editing skills to produce expert-level articles on assigned topics.
These are "ghostwritten" articles. No attribution will be provided. While the majority of the content you produce will be used on company owned websites, we do on occasion write articles for others as well.
Our diverse portfolio allows writers the unique ability to create content for a wide variety of topics including animals, sports, fashion, hiking, boating, and home decor. We don't expect you to be an expert in all of these fields. Most topics will be able to be fully covered via online research and our team can provide clarification / information in the case that research is not clear.
As a member of our team you will:
- Create engaging content for a variety of different clients
- Stay on trend with new insights for techniques to share and enhance best practices
- Implement editors' feedback to your existing content
- Meet with our team of editors both 1:1 and as a group
Writing for us, you will need to follow specific templates that we will provide. This is not SEO-type content. All posts must be well-researched and useful for your reader.
Writers will be provided with training in the required writing formats. We expect you to learn quickly and produce posts that require very little editing.
We are based out of Los Angeles, California, and are lucky to be supported by employees around the globe. We are currently working with a talented team of writers, editors, and content strategists to grow our business.
- You're a natural-born writer! You probably spent a lot of time perfecting your craft, you have a strong grasp of grammar, and you enjoy the creative aspect of writing.
- You have the ability to fluently write and comprehend the English language.
- You're organized and independent, but you love working in a collaborative and positive team environment
- You love creating compelling content and you're a continuous learner
- You want to grow in the role and give us the honor to grow your career with us
Within the first week you will:
- Complete at least 5 articles that are assigned to you while following our guides / templates.
Within 1 month you will:
- Complete onboarding into our production environment (ClickUp) where you will be able to choose the articles you write.
- Review our company handbook which is designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into our company goals.
- Get 1:1 feedback to learn more about creating compelling content
- Work towards being able to produce at least 10,000 words per week of content
- Master our publishing guidelines
- Deliver content ready for publishing in collaboration with your editor
Within 3 months you will:
- Become completely independent when it comes to writing
- Work on exciting projects where you can polish your skills
- Continue to improve and track your progress in content writing and SEO with your editor and Senior Editor
- Deliver near-perfect final drafts
Within 6 months you will:
- Progress to a Senior Writer role that will put you on track to further promotion path
- Mentor, assist, and train new writers
- Create and update in-house documentation for other writers
Lairic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In your cover letter, please provide your three favorite hobbies and your desired rate per week in USD.
We have 3 full-time positions available at this time. We offer Paid Time Off as well as health insurance stipends for full-time team members after 90-days.