- Freelance & fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Professional growth
- Long-term opportunity
This is an important role for us. There’s a lot of detail below for you to read, if you don’t like detail, no worries, but it’s not a good fit.
Entrepreneurs HQ impacts the lives of entrepreneurs by positioning them as global experts in their field, whilst providing freedom - financial, time & location.
We are the best at helping speakers, authors, coaches, course creators and experts to maximize revenue from collaboration events held online, where the top people in their industry are recommending them, and sending them referrals.
We deliver excellence to our clients in the US, Canada, UK and Australia through 1-on-1 private coaching, weekly group coaching and a virtual training program.
Since we started in 2015, we’ve grown massively. Here are a few of our achievements (with lots more to come):
- Educated over 100,000 entrepreneurs through our online events, training and coaching programs
- Launched more than 15 virtual summits, plus countless online workshops, bootcamps and other virtual events
- Hosted 400+ speakers and top influencers at our events
We are a team of A-players who care deeply about the results of our clients, we are first heart-centered, using data to make decisions that drive our business forward, we are at our core competitive, driven, fun, full of energy, and enjoy celebrating our own and others success.
About the role / Requirements / What success looks like
This role requires the creation and optimization of blog content.
Creating new content includes:
- following the new post brief to write first draft
- creating meta titles and descriptions
- adding and optimizing the article through keywords
- adding images and checking grammar
- making sure all guidelines and checklists are covered
- processing any revisions recommended
- uploading the post to WordPress
Optimization of existing content includes:
- updating the content so that it's up-to-date and correct
- expanding on the content where necessary
- adding additional keywords
- adding new and optimizing existing images
- merging old posts into a new, better article
- and more.
We're looking for someone who is already a good writer who is willing to learn our process and work with us on an ongoing basis. If you're looking for a 6-month job or some quick extra money, this is not the job for you.
If we decide to work together, you'll spend a few weeks in training (paid at your normal rate) before you get your own assignments. This way, we're both more confident when you get started. By the way, it would be great if you could mention your favorite dessert in your cover letter.
Once you get started on our projects, you'll have a steady flow of work.
We use Clickup to assign tasks and use Google Drive to store all documentation and client files. Communication happens via Clickup, Slack, and occasionally Zoom. We also use Dubb or Loom when we want to share a screen recording or explain something that's easier said than written down. We sometimes use Surfer SEO for optimization work.
Our clients have websites on WordPress, and you'll need to know how to edit, draft, and publish posts on there as well as how to upload new images.
About you / What you will bring to the table
To be a successful candidate, you must-have the following:
- You have a portfolio of strong blog content samples. We need to see links to published work so we can get an idea of your writing style.
- You are detail-oriented. You realize we have processes to ensure we deliver top-quality work and respect that each step in those processes is important.
- You use your brain. At the same time, you don't brainlessly follow a script. You have the ability to interpret and decide on the best course of action.
- Your English writing skills are flawless. You don't need to be a native English speaker but nobody should notice that you aren't.
- Decent knowledge of and interest in digital marketing. We don't expect you to be an expert, but if you don't know the difference between SEO and SEM or what lead generation is, this job is probably not for you.
- You are excellent at managing your time and workload. As mentioned, we're not micromanagers so it's up to you to make sure you meet your deadlines, taking into account any questions you need answered or hiccups that might happen while optimizing.
- You are a skilled communicator. Questions, feedback, praise, frustrations… you need to be able to share them all, share them honestly, and share them clearly. We are a fully remote team so this is crucial.
- You can reply to emails and comments within 24 hours. On weekdays and when you're not on holiday.
- You are available to work at least 15 hours per month.
- You don't settle for good enough. You're always looking for ways to improve both your work and the way in which you (and we as a team) work.
- You know how to use Google Drive and WordPress.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in SEO.
- Experience writing for the digital marketing niche.
This is a freelance position. Any nationality is welcome but you do need flawless English writing skills. I cannot emphasize this last point enough. If you *think* your English is good enough, it probably isn't. You need to know it with absolute certainty.
What’s in it for you?
- Live and work wherever you want. As long as you have a reliable internet connection.
- Flexible hours. Work when it suits you, as long as you meet your deadlines.
- Personal and professional growth. We're happy to share resources and discuss how we can help you improve your craft beyond the initial training you'll get from us. We're also open to giving you other types of writing assignments should those interest you, once you've been with us for a while.
*Please note that you are responsible for any tax-related procedures in your country of residence. We kindly ask you to apply only if you are happy to work remotely as an independent contractor (whilst committing to being a long-term member of our team).
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
If you apply, we will respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
As part of the hiring process, please expect the process to include:
1 - Filling in the application form once you click here: http://ehq.li/writer
2 - Being invited to complete a paid writing task, if short-listed
3 - Completing a paid optimization task
4 - Attending a quick call where you will have the opportunity to talk more about your previous experience and the new role
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
APPLY HERE: http://ehq.li/writer