We're looking for remote content and copy writers with B2B experience. You will be researching, writing, and editing expert-level articles on assigned topics. The priority, right now, is on marketing topics: SMM, paid ads, etc. Experience in these is strongly preferred.
*The job starts out freelance. If we get along well, we'll bring you on on a retainer or full-time salary pretty quickly*
Copywriters, scroll to the bottom; I have a few words for you and you alone!
You’ll help our clients achieve their growth goals by creating content that connects with their target audiences and brings eyes to their sites. You'll also learn how to create content that ranks and brings clicks and revenue to the client. You'll:
- Create engaging content
- Make intuitive and data-driven decisions
- Stay on trend with our best practices
- Implement editors' feedback to your existing content
- Meet with your team lead 1:1 to get individual feedback
We are currently working with a small but talented team of SEO researchers, writers, editors, and illustrators to deliver fantastic results to our clients. We're working with industry leaders - and hope to continue doing so with your help.
You love reading and doing research. This is 70-80% of the job. You can be the best writer in the world, but you need to read around the topics you're covering *a lot* to write about them well.
- You're a logical thinker. I'll personally teach you content writing for SEO, but you need to have common sense and logic to figure things out. If you're a purely creative type who's not willing to learn best practices, this won't work.
- You're a natural-born writer!
- You understand the importance of organic search and search engine optimization.
- You love creating compelling content and you're a continuous learner
- You want to grow in the role and give us the honor to grow your career with us
Within 1 month you will:
- Get up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into 4jam's broader organization.
- Write your first 3-8 pieces of content for us.
- Master our grammar and language guidelines.
- Deliver content ready for publishing in collaboration with your editor.
Within 3 months you will:
Deliver near-perfect final drafts
- Work with us on retainer or full-time
- Become completely independent as a writer and SEO planner
- Work on exciting projects where you can polish your skills
- Continue to improve and track your progress in content writing and SEO with your editor
- Progress to a Senior Writer or Editor role that will put you on track to further promotion path
4jam provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hey, copywriters. A lot of the content we write needs supporting copy. For example, a page may be half SEO-optimized content, and half conversion-optimized copy. We need people to help us with that copy. To begin with, work will be on a per-project basis - but we would like to bring on a full-time copywriter in the next 3-6 months. Talk to me :)