- Do you have advanced knowledge of user-end optics (e.g., binoculars, telescopes, rifle scopes)?
- Do you have a passion for astronomy or birdwatching?
- Do you have a personable, reader-friendly writing style?
- If you answered yes to any combination of the above, we want to hear from you.
Who We Are
We’re a mid-size digital media company with an established foothold in the optics and birdwatching market. Our portfolio includes a number of powerful websites across a range of industries.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for awesome writers with top-tier knowledge of and experience with all things related to optics. As mentioned above, we cover consumer grade products from budget binoculars to laser rangefinders to microscopes.
While we appreciate the talents of a rock star generalist writer, we’re really looking for something of an “expert” – someone who can write with clarity and personality about the niche. Birdwatching experience is highly prized, along with any sort of astronomy knowledge.
Why Write for Us?
- Along with competitive per word rates, we offer the ultimate in freelance writing job security: incredibly consistent work. We assign articles to write every week, without fail.
- Your desired word count is up to you. We can assign as few as 3,000 words per week, or, if you’re ambitious, 20,000 words per week is not out of the question.
- We have a foothold in a number of other niches. If you get burned out writing about optics, you’re welcome to write about other topics, too. (More on that if you apply for the gig).
- Our content management system is highly intuitive and easy to follow. We have comprehensive writer guidelines and helpful resources to make your job easier.
- You get paid weekly (generally, within 72 hours of submitting your work).
- You can get a byline and an author’s profile on the site (if you want – ghostwriting is OK, too).
Many of our current writers have been with us for over a year – proof that our consistency is key. But it also indicates another, possibly more important point: we’re very easy to work with. Our editorial team cares about the work. We go out of our way to avoid asking for revisions from writers – if we can help it.
Applying for the Position
Please fill out the application form. If we think you’re a good match for us, we’ll be in touch. From there, we'll arrange a brief interview via Skype, Zoom, or email. We may ask you to complete a paid trial article, depending on your portfolio. If you're a superstar, we may ask you to start right away!
At the end of the form, you’ll be asked a question: Is there anything else about the job posting you might want to add here?
Please answer the following question:
Which planet in our solar system is closest to the sun?
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you.