We're a mission-based effort serving the millions of people suffering from thyroid disease in 52 countries!
The Thyroid Pharmacist team is a super tight-knit team of thyroid health advocates who are passionate about helping others who are struggling with Hashimoto's.
We’re looking for an excellent Assistant Health and Wellness Editor / Writer to join our team.
This is a paid opportunity for work on a contractual / hourly basis.
If you can identify with those struggling with thyroid disease, pride yourself on being effective and productive (rather than busy), and have the skills we're looking for, we'd love for you to join us!
What's This Position All About?
The Assistant Health & Wellness Editor / Writer will help our team create high-quality, in-depth content that will reach hundreds of thousands of people in the Thyroid Pharmacist community. Our online articles are research-driven and typically run between 2000 and 5000 words.
Working with our Chief Content Officer (CCO) and content creators, you’ll produce original content, repurpose previously published content, and set our already-high bar for content quality continuously higher. If content is awkward? Structured poorly? Hard to follow or understand? Doesn’t sound like us? You’ll fix it.
What will you directly do?
- Create and publish original content as assigned for ThyroidPharmacist.com, our email newsletter, and other properties
- Create and publish content for products, launches, and other revenue-generating activities
- Edit content pieces such as eBooks, newsletter, PowerPoint slides, web copy, articles and white papers, created by other content team members
- Develop outlines and intake forms for content pieces
- Assist with maintaining the editorial calendar and associated tasks, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Assist with developing images to accompany and support content
- Draft social media headlines and copy to accompany content at publication
- Discuss assignments with content creators and resolve any roadblocks
- Load content into our content management software and email marketing platform
- Edit and proofread content prior to publication
- Coach content creators to create better content over time
- Identify and recommend potential changes to our content types, standards, styles, and processes
- Ensure that our content complies with copyright law and other relevant legal guidelines
What will you ensure gets done?
- Creation and publication of consistently high-quality, high-performing content that adheres to our style, voice, and other brand standards
- Timely completion of all steps required to produce and publish content, such that the content calendar runs smoothly and content is ready for publication well in advance of intended publication dates
- Resolution of any feedback from the CCO about specific content pieces or our content in general
- Minimization of the CCO’s direct involvement in the content review/editing process
- Identification and inclusion of appropriate links/resources in content, as defined by our content guidelines and procedures
What traits do you possess?
- Passion for health and for helping others
- Excellent writing, researching, and editing skills
- Ability to translate complex information into layman's terms
- Fanatical attention to syntax, grammar, style, and other details
- Understanding of voice, tone, and how to use them to best get a message across
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent teaching and coaching ability
- Strong sense of accountability; problem-solver
- Empathy; ability to view issues from the perspective of others
- Resiliency; clear-mindedness under pressure
- Adaptability, flexibility, and humility
- Thirst for self-improvement and continuous learning/development
What have you done before?
- Experience publishing digital content online and via email using platforms such as Rainmaker, WordPress, ConvertKit, etc.
- Experience writing, reviewing, and editing research-driven content
- Fluent user of online collaboration and communication tools
- Knowledge of and background in Hashimoto’s and thyroid disease preferred
- Familiarity with SEO, content marketing, and social media preferred
How to Apply
If you read the description above and thought, "YES! That's me!" - Great! We'd love to talk to you. Please click here to apply.
(Please do not apply for this position if you do not have the desired skill set. We love that you want to help our mission, but if you're not qualified, we won't waste your time by contacting you about this role.)
Thanks! We can't wait to work with you.