Business is one of the greatest forces of good, it creates solutions, it gives people a great environment to work and create impact and provides solutions for people’s problems and generally makes the world a better place.
Bricks Sense is a company that provides tools and guidance to help homes save energy. We need the best team on board for our mission. It will require a special group of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent.
The role in a nutshell:
Our growing company is seeking to hire an experienced Content Writer who is responsible for planning and implementing SEO related activities and articles to educate our target audience around our product and developments in the energy space.
Your responsibilities include evaluating analytics to adjust content as needed, regularly updating the company's website, and creating articles for our various platforms. You should also be able to follow editorial guidelines when creating content.
To be successful as a content writer, you should keep abreast of the latest SEO techniques, and be familiar with keyword research. Ultimately, a top-performing Content Writer should be able to contribute to the development of strategies that will increase reader engagement. You will be writing technical articles focused on the energy space, so detailed knowledge of this area is a must.
Content Writer Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in order to develop original content for lead generation.
- Developing content for blogs, 2000+ word articles, product descriptions, social media, and the company website.
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies.
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website.
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company's current content.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, english, journalism or engineering preferred
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience is a must.
- Working knowledge of content management systems.
Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- A portfolio of published articles in the related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strict adherence to the style guides of the company and our policies for publication
- Good time management skills, including prioritising, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
This is a freelance role, however it comes with the possibility to become a permanent member of the team. We are looking for someone who we can continue to work with over the next few years, as we continue to grow and expand.
There will be an expectation of 4 high quality articles (2000+ words) to be produced monthly