ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
History Guild is the not for profit organisation for history enthusiasts. It provides its members with exclusive content, advocates for areas of historical interest and facilitates a community for discussing history.
ABOUT THE JOB
1 Year Renewable Contract
Write 1 to 2 articles per week about history. Topics and some references provided. Options for the successful candidate to suggest topics.
History Guild articles are normally focused on aggregating many sources and disparate pieces of content to provide a deep dive into a particular topic.
Articles are pitched at the history enthusiast, they must provide sufficient supporting information to allow someone who doesn’t have detailed knowledge of the topic to understand the article. That being said, you can assume that the reader has a grasp of the broad strokes of history.
Articles must be accurate and evidence based. They don’t need to be referenced throughout, but can be where it adds elaborative information or is proposing a new or controversial view of a topic.
Articles 500 to 1000 words each, $0.05 to $0.10 per word depending on experience.
- Native level English speaker.
- Engaging writer who can highlight the most interesting areas of a topic.
- Can use your own research to create valuable, informative content that flows well.
- Can write well. Must use accurate spelling and grammar.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of History.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your application to [email protected]
Read this article and include the name of the aircraft it describes in the subject line of your email.
Application should include:
- Cover Letter describing your interest in history
- Links to examples of your writing