Experienced Writers Needed for PR/Journalist Outreach
The Links Guy are looking for PR Outreachers to join our global team of link building experts
TLG is a marketing agency which operates across borders, with many clients from a range of industries - and we specialize in one core service which we do better than anyone else - which is link building.
We are looking for an enthusiastic writer but experienced writer who can easily research and digest information on a range of subjects.
You will be reaching out to journalists on behalf of our clients , and sending them ghostwritten soundbites with the hopes of it being featured in their upcoming articles. You will be using a few platforms to do this, one of the main ones being HARO.
(If you are not sure what link building or HARO is - don’t worry - this is what we’ll be teaching you and training you on!)
It is essential that the following applies to you:
- You are an accomplished writer that is looking for a side hustle, or something to do during breaks in the day, that allows you to conveniently earn from the comfort of your home for a minimal amount of hours each day.
- You are able to, and enjoy writing on behalf of CEOs, CMOs and other industry experts.
- You are comfortable, and excited to write on a range of subjects. This will include but is not limited to health, business, marketing, technology, software, finance, fashion, food, fitness, etc.
- You also like working as part of a diverse international team, and are motivated by getting great results for your clients.
The pay is based on 2 elements
- Retainer based on doing x volume of pitches
- Performance based incentives
To give some idea to what this will equate to - a good writer with a professional writing background can generally earn an equivalent of $35 per hour.
While an exceptional writer will eventually hit $50+ per hour once they have been doing this for a while.
Here it is broken down:
The base pay is of proportionate to $100 to send at least 20 - 25 pitches per week.
We increase it proportionally if you are able to do a higher range, but we will only be able to increase once you’ve shown good conversions.
This is a range as we know there may be times where there needs to be focus on writing a good quality pitch, for a high value target.
We also will look at this retainer as part of our pay progression plan, for writers who stay with us for the long term.
Importantly, we also compensate writers on top of their base pay, when they win links, using a tiered system - where the higher the quality of the link, the higher the reward...
We will release more details on this later in the process, but smaller links will net $10, while higher quality links, will net between $50 up to $120, for a single link.
The way HARO and PR platforms work, means we need to reply really promptly. The journalist has a deadline to hit and it has been shown in various studies, the quicker we reply, the more likely we are to get our email considered, and result in a link.
So it's in everybody's best interest (the client, the company and you) that you work at specific times of the day to conduct the work. This is non-negotiable because if we don’t pitch at the appropriate time, we know we won’t get results.
Here are the 3 time slows the media list is released and where you’ll be required to work:
- HARO morning: 5:35 a.m. EST
- HARO Afternoon: 12:35 p.m EST
- HARO Evening: 5:35 p.m. EST
If you work for a few hours a day for instance, you can split this up between the 3 times.
We also only work Monday to Friday due to us working around the HARO and PR platforms.
On top of this you’ll get:
- World-class training
- A 100% Remote position
- An opportunity to communicate with and be part of a friendly, close-knit and diverse international team.
If you read the entire job post, have an extremely strong background as a writer, and are keen to work hard and win links for your team - please click through to the application form. We would be very happy to see your application!