Do you have a broad taste in music spanning multiple genres and eras?
Sound Matters are seeking a talented writer with a passion for music to write a monthly "classic albums" feature.
Once a month, Sound Matters will produce a feature on a hand-picked classic album. We require a strong writer with a passion for popular music spanning anywhere from the 1950s to the present day. Genres covered will predominantly cover pop and rock albums, but also jazz, blues, and soul (among other popular music styles from the 20th century and beyond).
Existing knowledge of vinyl records and Hi-Fi would be advantageous, but not necessarily required.
- Research, write and edit one full feature on a classic album selected by Sound Matters once a month. (Possibility to become a weekly feature if the series becomes popular - pay would adjust accordingly).
- Article length must cover each album in full with no fluff. Most articles on the site are between 1500 - 3000 words.
- The ability to supply custom images of the album cover and vinyl record would be a bonus.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Previous demonstrable writing experience.
Must be self-motivated; able to apply research and write about new topics or albums.
A passion and knowledge of broad music genres
Exceptional English language ability with impeccable written English.
- Knowledge of vinyl records & HiFi is advantageous.
PAY: (TBC) Payment per article depending on experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Marc Henshall - Sound Matters Owner