I'm Joe the founder of https://www.smokedbbqsource.com/
Over the last 3 years we have been building a complete resource for anyone who wants to learn about traditional ‘low and slow’ barbecue and mastering the art of grilling and smoking meat.
We focus on breaking down complex topics into simple, easy to follow advice to help our readers become better ‘pitmasters’.
What we're looking for
We're looking to hire a long-term writer who can contribute regularly to our blog.
- You must be a native English writer
- You should be able to contribute a minimum of 3 articles (total 5000 words) per week.
- You should be able to write original, entertaining, informative and actionable content.
- You should hate fluffy, overwritten content that never gets to the point!
- You are passionate about the research process, as the content you create needs to be supported with relevant examples and expert opinions.
- Subject matter experience is a plus but not required
- You should have excellent written communication skills and the ability to work remotely
- You must be able to follow our style guide, and implement feedback
- You must be familiar using Google Docs
Benefits of writing for us
- We pay within 2 business days of you submitting your completed work
- We're flexible of your schedule and don't have hard deadlines so long as you can usually hit our stated articles per week
- Valuable feedback on your writing from successful blog with 200k+ pageviews per month
- The option to have full author credit and a bio on our website once you are successfully established
- Regular, ongoing writing work in an exciting niche
What you'll write about
Topics will be focused on barbecue, grilling and outdoor entertaining with subjects ranging from "how to smoke in cold conditions", to "how to set up a gas grill for smoking".
- Common types of articles include detailed guides, lists and tips, answers to common questions, product research and comparisons.
- Each article will be between 1000 - 4000 words per post so you'll be able to sink your teeth into a topic.
- You'll be assigned topics and provided a detailed brief to follow so that you can focus on writing the most interesting, informative articles possible.
- Proper US spelling and grammar is mandatory
- You will use our brief and your own research to create informative content.
Subject matter experience will be a plus, but it's more important that you can research a topic and then explain it in plain English.
We make sure that every post we publish goes through our strict editorial process to ensure everything is accurate and the tone feels right.
It's quite likely that in the first couple of weeks there will be a lot of feedback and editing required.
By all means check out our latest blog posts to get a feel for the sort of quality we are looking for.
Note we only require our writers to write the content, no web formatting or design is required.
How to apply
Please answer a few simple questions and link to at least 3 samples of similar content you have published in your application.