Hello SEO experts and content writers! We have an exciting opportunity for you to work with a rapidly growing company and to write articles about a fascinating technology for dedicated readers.
We are a leading training, education and news company for professionals and hobbyists in the drone (UAV) industry. Across our two websites, we get over 400,000 pageviews a month. Our mission is to help drone pilots be safe and smart operators. We provide both online and in-person training courses and free guides and also report on industry news to an email subscriber base of 50,000 international drone enthusiasts. Notable clients include Intel, The Wall Street Journal, General Electric, The Nature Conservancy, Lockheed Martin, and many others.
We are looking for a freelance writer and researcher to compose 16 blog posts on drone-related topics at a pace of 2-3 blogs per week.
Each post should be thoroughly researched, optimized for search engines, and 1,500 - 2,000 words.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain consistent writing work. There will be opportunities to work on subsequent projects on a part-time basis if your work is satisfactory.
You will be provided with an SEO keyword and asked to write a blog post around that keyword. It will be your responsibility to research topics related to the keyword, write the blog post following SEO best practices, gather images and media to include in the post, and format the blog post in WordPress for publication.
We anticipate each blog post taking 2-4 hours, including the time spent researching.
Qualified applicants will have knowledge of or experience with the following:
- SEO best practices and keyword research
- SEO blog/article writing
- Research skills
- Excellent control over written language, grammar, and spelling
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strict adherence to deadlines
Applicants will stand out if they have:
- WordPress experience (No coding experience required. Understand how to enter data into WordPress page and post templates.)
- Experience with Google Docs or Microsoft Word
- B.A. in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or a related field
- Knowledge of drone regulations
- An awareness of the current environment and culture surrounding drones/unmanned aircraft flown for hobby and commercial use