RebelsMarket is an online alternative fashion and home-wares megastore. Our brand focus is an alternative, edgy style with a rebellious vibe - and we want to work with writers who understand our voice.
We are looking for bloggers to create interesting alternative fashion and alternative culture articles that will educate, entertain, and inspire our audience, and position the RebelsMarket as an authority on all things counterculture and anti-mainstream.
Our content focus for the immediate focus includes (but isn’t limited to) the following topic clusters:
- Music festivals, live music, and the underground festival scene
- Corsets, corsetry, and tightlacing
- Rave culture and fashion
- Geek & ‘fandom’ culture (Anime, cosplay, convention culture, comic books, sci-fi you name it)
- Style guides and fashion articles with a distinctly alternative leaning!
Familiarity with basic SEO tactics and best practices such as keyword research and on-page and off-page linking.
- Experience with linking relevant articles.
- One year or more of experience writing marketing copy for the web
- Ability to create written content about a wide array of topics
- Experience leveraging keyword density standards to write copy
- Proven ability to follow style guidelines consistently
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Write SEO Friendly content - focused on ranking for keywords and engaging the reader.
- Develop and edit product-specific content for SEO.
- Develop engaging content based on keywords provided by your manager
- Ability to deliver 10 quality articles per week. Each page will contain 800-1000 words.
We require writers to take on consistent work - starting out at around 5 to10 articles per week, with room for growth. Ideally, we want to hear from candidates who can take topics and run with them - but who can also pitch strong ideas where needed.
We have a form for you to fill out, which will ask you what your favorite color is (among other questions). Make sure you answer with BLUE - so that we know you have read through this job description before moving on to the application.
Any candidates who do not answer this question correctly will not be considered for the position - so please do try not to fall at the first hurdle :)
If you think you might be a good fit for this position - please respond by filling out the following form: