WordAgents.com is looking to grow our network of American freelance writers. We are currently searching for freelance writers that can deliver consistently high-quality content on-time and according to spec.
We are a content creation agency that specializes in search engine optimized content. Our clients order blog posts, website content, eCommerce content, and SEO affiliate content (product reviews) from us so they can use them to rank on Google for their defined target keywords.
Here are a few examples of content we create regularly:
- Blog Posts: These types of articles are informational in nature. They include “how-to” content, info-based articles, buyer’s guides, updates & news about the client’s company, and list-style articles.
- Website Content: When clients launch new websites, they need all of the static content that will appear on each of the new site’s pages. This can include homepage content, service descriptions, and “About Us” pages.
- eCommerce Content: Websites that sell physical products and services need an enticing copy. Our eCommerce clients use WordAgents to create both product category descriptions and product descriptions.
- Reviews: We work with tons of affiliate marketers who have a never-ending need for individual product/service reviews, as well as “roundup reviews” that provide several product recommendations within a single category.
Writers within the WordAgents network need to be comfortable creating each type of content listed above.
Who We’re Hiring
WordAgents is seeking freelance writers that:
- Are Team Players: Our writers need to work with several different members of our Management staff during the production of client work.
- Exhibit Stellar Writing Skills: We expect every writer in our network to have a solid grasp of spelling & grammar, the ability to express information in a concise and succinct manner, and the ability to engage with a reader throughout their article.
- Are Great At Internet Research: Freelance writers in our network need to be able to quickly research topics online in-depth. Knowledge of Google’s Advanced Search Operators is a plus!
- Understand Proper Article Structure & Formatting: Writers need to know how to use Google Docs to structure and format their work properly. Our projects require writers to use headings, lists, hyperlinks, citations, and related formatting in the course of their work.
- Communicate Often: We value freelance writers who communicate early and often. Writers who ask questions and show a desire to ensure a project is completed correctly receive the most work from us.
- Are Detail Oriented: Creating content for SEO requires writers to be extremely detail-oriented. You’ll need to meet all client requirements and expectations on every project.
- North American: We are currently only hiring writers that are American or Canadian and speak/write flawless Native English
- Are Open to Constructive Criticism: Our goal is to improve consistently. We need freelance writers who can accept constructive criticism regularly so that they can better meet the needs of our clients.
The following requirements and responsibilities apply to all writers in our network:
- Capacity: We are seeking writers who can handle at least 5,000 words of writing each workweek
- Fast Communication: You’ll need to be able to accept/reject assigned projects within 24 hours of receiving the assignment. You’ll also need to be able to quickly respond to any messages or updates from management.
- Deadlines: We have strict deadlines for all of our projects. Writers who consistently miss deadlines will be removed from our team.
- Project Management: You’ll need to work within our project management system to accept your projects, complete your work, and converse with management.
- Order Details: Our project briefings are comprehensive and specific. Writers need to be able to create content that follows these briefings exactly as written so that our clients’ expectations are met.
- Research: All writers need to conduct internet research for every project they’re assigned. We expect all articles to include information that provides value to the reader.
- Google Docs: You’ll need to use Google Docs for all projects assigned to you.
- PayPal: We pay writers via PayPal exclusively. You’ll need your own PayPal account.
- Grammar: All writers on our team need to use our internal grammar tool to ensure proper spelling and grammar is used in every article.
- Plagiarism: We do not accept writing that has been plagiarized in any way. Writers need to use our internal plagiarism-checking tool on each article they work on.
Workload & Compensation
Our goal is to provide our writers with consistent work each week. We require all writers to be able to create at least 5,000 words of writing each week. 2,500 words will be assigned on Monday to be due on Wednesday, and 2,500 words will be assigned on Wednesday to be due on Friday.. The workload assigned to you each week will vary based on the current projects we have available.
- All newly hired freelance writers are offered a rate of $.03 per word. This rate is non-negotiable.
Writers receive increased rates of pay for various “special” assignments or requests, such as optimizing an article with a third-party tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What types of content do you create?
- Blog Posts
- Website Content
- Local Service Pages
- Guest Posts
- Link Building Content
- Product Descriptions
- How-To Articles
- Skyscraper & Pillar Content
- SEO Affiliate Content
2. How much do I earn and how do I get paid?
WordAgents pays writers $.03 per word and sends out payments once per week via PayPal.
3. How much work will I receive?
All writers are expected to be able to handle 5,000 words of writing every workweek at a minimum. Depending on your capacity, writers can receive between 5,000 and 10,000 words of work each week.
4. What if I can’t commit to 5,000 words per week?
We require all writers to create at least 5,000 words per week. We will not be able to bring you on to the team if you can’t commit to this level of work.
How To Apply
If you’d like to apply to be a freelance writer for WordAgents.com, please click the link below and complete our application.