WE'RE HIRING- APPLY NOW!
Are you looking to earn a consistent income writing high-quality novels on your favorite Romance themes?
Do you want to get paid to write from the comfort of your own home, whilst you travel, or around your job/studies?
Then this could well be your next great writing gig!
We are looking to expand our fiction team with amazing and experienced ROMANCE writers (US/CAN ONLY) in all romance subgenres. We are a fast-paced, growing ghostwriting service that can provide you with consistent and exciting projects week after week!
Our mission is to provide the highest quality novels and a great experience to our clients, and we want you to be part of this mission.
If you are someone that takes pride in their work and is looking to earn a consistent income doing something you enjoy, working with an exciting and motivated team, then this is your opportunity!
Our current rate is $15 USD per 1,000 words with plans for an increase at some point in the future. (Projects are from 20k to 150k words- Longer projects will earn you as much as $2,250 and shortest projects earn you a minimum of $300 USD). Some of our writers are earning an extra $1,500+ a month writing a few hours a day around their studies or other gigs. We offer consistent work without having to apply for jobs, work comes to you.
We are looking for experienced ROMANCE fiction writers. You must have experience in the romance genre and have a great level of understanding of your preferred subgenres, themes, and tropes.
Important: When applying you will be asked to select a maximum of 3 subgenres that you write well. Think carefully about the subgenres you select, choose your strongest subgenres that you write really well, enjoy most and know most about. Please submit a sample for each subgenre you select. If you are successful, we may hire you for 1, 2 or all 3 of your chosen subgenres based on your understanding of the subgenre's conventions and your ability to write each.
- You write amazing Romance stories. With a lot of tension, a great dialogue, conflict and full of emotion.
- You are US/CAN based, or American/Canadian living outside of the US/CAN. Native speaker.
- You can work with deadlines. (We offer some flexibility around projects, but once a project is assigned the deadline is fixed)
- You are knowledgeable in your preferred Romance Subgenres. You understand what a particular reader is looking for and you are familiar with the components that make up certain subgenres, themes, and tropes. (You can research new themes and tropes) You will be questioned about this.
- You take pride in your work and can consistently deliver high-quality novels. You are focused on delivering what the client and reader are after.
- Looking for a long-term commitment, eager and available to work and can comfortably deliver a minimum of 15,000 words a week.
- Reliable, well-spoken and open to constructive criticism.
- You are a great communicator.
Few things to consider
We are looking for writers that can commit for at least 3-6 months. We have clients who come to us to create their entire series (which can be 3+ books) and they prefer to work with the same writer instead of having to change writers mid-project. This requires a basic commitment (3 months or so).
Also, you must be able to sit down and write in order to meet deadlines. Good planning should make this easier.
Whilst this gig can be part-time, you must be able to meet deadlines and be available throughout the day to respond to client messages on our platform.
Finally, you must also be okay with not getting credit for your writing as this is a ghostwriting position.
How To Apply?
If you would like to be considered for a position with us please apply by completing our application form below.
Please attach a sample for each subgenre you select (you can select a maximum of 3 subgenres). Each sample must be at least 1,000 words.
We will get in contact with you after reviewing your answers and samples. Good Luck!
HotGhostWriter Hiring Department
P.S We are also hiring Nonfiction writers and editors here on Problogger >