Seeking a content writer to write blog posts weekly for our Balance Board Company. You will write and research topics related to our field, board sports, and living a healthy lifestyle, thus helping with SEO content creation.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High level fluent or native English speakers, who are very good at written English. If English is not one of your strong points, please do not apply.
- People who have an engaging, witty voice, able to relate to and entertain readers while being highly informative and able to truly teach and give over useful information in a friendly, entertaining way.
- You must be able to produce high quality, long form content between 1000-2000 words, and be able to internally link your articles together in a cohesive manner as well as link to external sources.
- You must have excellent online research skills leading to the ability to write an article on any given topic.
- This person should love the outdoors, board sports a plus, and be interested in trying and using our board, as well as the idea of living a healthy lifestyle through wellness and outdoor activities.
- You must be willing and able to include links out to authoritative sources of information from within your written text, to back up important points made, and to give credit where it's due where information was found.
- You must understand how to write SEO style blog posts, include keywords and links in your posts and also include a meta description for each article.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- This is a long-term and on-going opportunity where we’re looking for writers who are able to produce anything from 1,000 to 2,000 words each per article, and produce one article per week.
- Individual articles should be well edited before submitted.
- Each article should have original imagery and the writer can either research photos, take photos for additional content creation, or request photos from Whirly Board for the needed article.
WHAT WE'RE NOT LOOKING FOR:
- Click bait, thin content listicles, or other low-quality content
- Agency applications (We want to work one on one with actual writers only)
- People who don't have a good sense of humor, terrible writers who need a lot of editing to their articles, and individuals who don't like the outdoors and healthy living.
HOW WORK WILL BE GIVEN
- You will collaborate with Whirly Board on a few ideas at the beginning of each month to determine what people are currently researching and choose four or five ideas that you would like to write about that we think will help bring more traffic to the website.
- You will be asked to write some informational articles on topics that we have discussed and research answers:
- Informational Articles: Articles that serve to answer questions and search queries that people type into Google. How to ABC ... Why does my ABC do XYZ ... When Will I ABC ... How Can I XYZ ...
- We will start by paying $500/ 4 articles with a two month contract which will then be reevaluated to determine blog growth or content interaction and a new long term contract can be negotiated. (*All articles will be pushed through social media through our social media marketing team and email marketing campaigns.)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to make changes based on editorial feedback
- We own exclusive rights to the content, it must not be used, shared or published in any other way.
- We are open to accepting both ghost written work, or publishing under your own name if you have relevant authority and experience to add to a credible bio.
HOW TO APPLY:
We want to make sure applicants have read and understood this ad (you'd be surprised how many automated replies we get!) so if any of these are not included in your application, it will be deleted right away and not considered.
- Please send an email to Joanna at: [email protected] with the subject line: “SEO Blog Writer- Putting my Own Spin on Balance”.
- Include up to 3 links of relevant articles you've previously written for the web. Bonus if it is about a board sport, living a healthy lifestyle, fitness, or balance!
- Your previous experience (if applicable) and what makes you ideal for this opportunity.
- How much you would like to make per article
- How many articles and words you think you can write per month
- Whether you would like to provide ghostwritten work, or published in your name (Ghostwriters will be given preference due to the extra ease of managing the content / easier editorial process. Though publishing in your name will be considered for strong candidates)
- Any questions or further information you would like from us.
- An Answer to the question : What city in the US is the most bike friendly?
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
All the best,
Joanna and Erik