We’re hosting tryouts today for our September writing team. We'll also hold a few more rounds through the weekend. Read this job overview, apply immediately if it seems like a fit, and I’ll reach out if you seem like a good fit.
We’re on a mission to become the most efficient side-hustle for ambitious freelance writers.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?
You’re going to get clear assignments, detailed outlines, and a reasonable pay.
As a member of our writing team, you're the backbone of what we do here.
We want to become the ultimate side hustle sharp writers commit 5,000 words to each week. Why? Because it’s simple work that provides some financial leeway to chase your biggest goals. Plus, we’re going to take the time to teach you how to improve your writing AND teach you ways to go after the bigger fish in larger ponds.
Expect to get treated well. We want a team full of freelancers who do our recruiting for us because of the stellar training and friendly coaching they receive. We want to be the first company that comes to mind when your friend asks, “How can I get started freelance writing?”
We want to take care of freelancers because we ARE freelancers. This isn’t about paying pennies for work; it’s about giving us all a place to have some steady, reliable income.
Welcome to the most efficient freelancing job you’ve ever had.
WHAT’S REQUIRED OF OUR WRITERS
I’ve spent the last 10 years writing articles for the Internet, and the only way that I’ve stayed sane is through building systems for efficiently finishing my work. Every minute I have to work ON the business, I’m sharpening our processes to make this an easier job for everyone.
However, quality work for the client sits as our top priority. It’s your responsibility, as the writer, to create a piece of content that you feel proud of. We want to work fast AND do well.
Specifically, here’s what we expect:
- Turn your work in by the deadline, or give us 12-hours written notice.
- Format articles into Blog Writing HQ structure.
- Write according to grammar, style, and tone expectations.
- Commit to creating ethical, well-researched content.
If you’re good (and you enjoy it) this will be a great way to make some easy money as a freelance writer. Essentially, you’re writing what someone else has already outlined and researched.
COOL, I'LL GIVE IT A TRY. WHAT'S NEXT?
So, I gotta check out your skill level. Basically, you’ll need to be able to:
- Follow instructions with attention to detail.
- Create engaging, friendly, and intelligent content.
- Ask questions, communication well, and be creative!
To test it, we’ll start with a trial of 1-2 articles (depending on the number of applicants).
TRYOUTS TODAY! What’s to Know?
We’re hosting some last-minute tryouts for our September writing team. We need 3-5 writers to join us part-time, and we’re accepting 35 applicants to the tryouts.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Apply for the position.
- You’ll receive a trial writer agreement to sign by 2 pm (MT).
- Once the agreement is signed, I’ll send the assignment between 3-5 pm (MT).
(... depending on how quickly you can get things signed).
- The assignment is due by MIDNIGHT.
(That’s 7-9 hours to write 500 words. You’ve got this.)
- I’ll choose 1-3 people to hire for regular orders in September.
SPEAKING OF, WHAT'S THE PAY?
$0.03 per word.
Most orders are 500-1,000 words.
NICE. HOW CAN I APPLY?
Head over and fill out this Google Form:
(We love GSuite, and use it extensively for project management.)
READ THIS FIRST!!!
1) I want to know you can put a sentence together. Better still if I want to read it. I don’t care about your samples and won’t look at them. The application is your sample. Impress me.
2) I’ve been a freelance writer for 10 years. My heart is full of many ambitions for this company and the community I build around it. However, I’ve been sitting behind my computer in sweatpants for most of my 20s. I’m going to try to get back to everyone, but I’m new at the team management thing and appreciate your patience (and general self-sufficiency)!
3) If you want to figure out how to build a company where smart freelancers always have a job to pay the bill and reach their dreams, I want to hear from you. This is a startup, after all. Those who have a tendency toward entrepreneurship will do well here.