We're looking for a remote ghost content writer with experience creating engaging content in the travel space, specifically regarding the island of O'ahu and Hawai'i. You will use researching, writing, and editing skills to produce expert-level articles on assigned topics.
Your goal is to create content that connects with people looking to travel to Hawaii, ranks well in organic search, and brings in clicks and revenue to the website. You'll:
- Create engaging content specific to Hawaii and Hawaii-related travel topics
- Make intuitive and data-driven decisions to leverage content and achieve client goals
- Stay on trend with new insights for techniques to share and enhance best practices
- Implement editors' feedback to your existing content
We are based out of Honolulu, Hawaii, and are lucky to be supported by employees around the globe. We are currently working with a talented team of writers, editors, and content strategists to grow organic search traffic to our website, which has been established since 2010.
Please spell Mississippi backward at the top of your application and submit your desired rate per word.
- You're a natural-born writer! You probably spent a lot of time perfecting your craft, have a strong grasp of grammar, and enjoy the creative aspect of writing.
- You understand the importance of organic search and search engine optimization (and if you don't, you're willing to learn).
- You have a basic understanding of the cultural and linguistic nuances of Hawaii.
- You know how to (or can look up) how to properly spell Hawaiian words
- You understand what hobbies can be done during what specific seasons in Hawaii
- You're organized and independent, but you love working in a collaborative and positive team environment
- You love creating compelling content, and you're a continuous learner
- You want to grow in the role and give us the honor of growing your career with us
Within 1 month, you will:
- Master our grammar and language guidelines
- Receive a list of topics to start working on
- Deliver content ready for publishing in collaboration with your editor
Within 3 months, you will:
- Become completely independent when it comes to writing
- Continue to improve and track your progress in content writing and SEO with your editor and Senior Editor
- Deliver near-perfect final drafts
CI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.