Are you passionate about traveling the world?
Do you seek out authentic experiences abroad and make friends with locals everywhere you go?
And would you like your writing to reach a big audience?
Then we have the perfect job for you.
We are a startup called FluentU. We help people learn languages through real-world videos like movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks: https://www.fluentu.com.
We're thrilled to be teaching languages to thousands of people. Now we're seeking outstanding writers to contribute regularly to our new travel blog. The goal is to help our readers travel to places where they can speak those languages.
Writers should have extensive experience traveling to one or more countries where locals speak any of the following languages:
- Mandarin Chinese
Take a look at our previous travel-oriented blog posts on our language blogs. The travel blog content will be a little different, but these posts will give you a sense of our style and tone:
We would request that you write at least one 1,200 word blog post per week at a rate of 70 USD per blog post. If you're looking for more writing work, you could write several posts per week.
This is not a ghostwriting position and you would get full credit for your work, including a short bio at the end of your post.
Our blogs already have hundreds of thousands of readers. Many of our posts get thousands of social shares. It's a great way to reach a big audience and build your online brand.
- You should have spent significant time (3+ months) in the country you want to write about
- You should write like a native English speaker
- Be tech-savvy — You would work in WordPress and our project management platform, CoSpot
- You should have an email address linked to a PayPal account
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to blogs [ at ] fluentu [ dot ] com and:
- State which country or countries you want to write about
- Describe your experiences in these countries, including specific cities you’ve visited
- Describe your experience with languages, including level of fluency in the languages you've learned
- Send writing samples (URLs of public blog posts preferred)
- Pitch headlines of potential topics for your first posts
If you're interested and you do an outstanding job, this can develop into a part-time or full-time editing position. Please mention if you think you would be interested in deepening our collaboration down the road.