I’m Mike, the Director of Digital Marketing at Spoke, where I lead our content marketing efforts. I’ve worked with successful writers and content teams for many years at startups and tech companies like SurveyMonkey and Upworthy.
Spoke is a well-funded startup in San Francisco currently in private beta. You can learn more about us in our announcement post: https://doesthathelp.askspoke.com/redefining-the-service-desk-7df61db617c5
Our blog & content
Our blog is launching within the next month; it will be centered around themes of productivity, automation, and knowledge sharing in the workplace, especially as they relate to people in IT support and Operations roles (like Office Managers and People Ops specialists, for example).
Our content will include things like “how to” posts, interviews, case studies, reports on industry statistics, or posts on new ways of thinking about old problems. Most of our content will be longform, in the range of 1,000-2,000 words, depending on the topic. We want to create genuinely interesting and helpful content in a friendly, conversational tone. (No boring, stuffy “big corporate” stuff here!) For reference, see the Signal v. Noise, Intercom, and Zapier blogs.
Who we’re looking for
I’m building a team of remote freelance writers who will contribute content to the Spoke blog on a regular basis. I’d like each freelancer to contribute at least four pieces per month, but if you’d like to earn more, there’s no cap on how many posts you can submit. The choice is yours.
We’ve generated a substantial library of topics to cover on our blog, based on extensive market, keyword, and competitive research. You’ll have plenty of choices among topics you can write about, and you can also pitch me your ideas. I’m happy to give a lot of flexibility and creative freedom to the right applicants.
Our budget is $200+ per post. I’m always glad to pay competitive rates for top talent and outstanding work. (And we pay our freelancers’ monthly invoices promptly!)
The basic requirements:
- You can contribute four or more posts per month of at least 1,000 words.
- You live in one of the four continental United States time zones.
- You’ve written substantive content in a friendly, conversational tone for at least one B2B blog.
- You’re familiar with white hat keyword optimization techniques.
- You supplement your work with helpful, interesting, royalty-free images. (No cheesy stock-looking photos.)
- You can contribute at least five headline ideas for each post.
- You’re fluent in English.
Bonus points for:
- You have experience in the IT, HR, or Business Operations spaces.
- You’ve written about workplace productivity or automation.
If you’re interested, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/FNjMY8IKcqD5OKJ82
Please be sure to mention in your application where you found this job listing. I look forward to hearing from you!