Are you a photography writer who is passionate about all things gear OR post-processing?
If so, this might be the job for you. (For post-processing writers check out our other ad)
We’re Digital Photography School, one of the most popular photography blogs in the world. And we’re looking for two writers to join our remote writing team.
We need someone to cover gear topics on our blog. This position is right for you if:
- You love to use, research, and write about the latest photography gear (including cameras, lenses, tripods, and other accessories).
- You have experience writing about photography equipment.
- You have a broad understanding of photography gear and photographers. You should be able to speak to the gear needs of many types of photographers - from beginner landscape photographers to expert portrait photographers and everything in between. You should feel comfortable writing about mirrorless systems, DSLR systems, Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Tamron, and more.
- You stay up to date on the latest photography gear trends.
- You’re familiar with (or willing to learn) WordPress.
You’ll need to submit two or more articles per month covering photography equipment (the number of articles depends on our content needs). These will be gear roundups (e.g., “The Best Mirrorless Cameras for Beginners,” “The Best Lenses for Landscape Photographers”), though we may be interested in other gear-related topics down the line.
Note that we will not provide you with any gear. We’ll give you a content brief, then you’ll rely on your own research and experience to create thorough, in-depth articles that speak directly to photographers.
If this position interests you, please apply through this form:
What We Offer
We’ve talked a lot about what we’re looking for, but what can we offer you?
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider working with us:
- An active readership. At dPS, we have millions of readers - pretty much all of whom are truly passionate and enthusiastic about photography. So by becoming a part of our team, you can educate and engage with passionate photographers.
- Exposure to the photography community. Your articles will be read by photographers across the globe, and you’ll get a byline where you can promote your own photographic projects.
- The opportunity to grow. While writing for dPS, you’ll live and breathe all things photography, and you’ll be working with a great team. You’ll be learning constantly - about photography, about writing, and more.
- Competitive compensation. We believe in paying our writers fairly, and you’ll receive per-article compensation.
We anticipate a huge volume of applications, and we’ll be evaluating on a first-come, first-serve basis. So if any of the above speaks to you, don’t wait - apply now!