Wearable technology is no longer a buzz word - it a trend to stay. With the popularity of Apple Watch, consumers are seeing the benefits of smartwatches and other novel wearable products. As a gadget writer for our growing wearable tech blog, you will write consumer guides, reviews and feature articles to establish our site's position as a thought leader in all things wearable tech.
You will be one of the first on-retainer writers to really set the tone and quality of our site content. We have the topics and requirements scope out already, and a VA will format your writing to publish on WordPress. All you need to do is to follow our guidelines to create top-notch content, and become a subject matter expert in wearable technology.
As this is a remote position, you will have flexible working hours, clearly structured work scope, and freedom to work from wherever you like, as long as you adhere to the editorial calender. If you are ambitious to grow your writing career, you will also have the opportunity to learn advanced SEO strategies from some of the most successful people in the industry.
The voice/tone we are looking for is confident and optimistic. We want to steer away from technical jargons, long adverbs and obscure references and sprinkle a healthy dose of humor here and there. You will be reviewing products as if the reader is right in front of you, so you will need to be adept at writing in an engaging way.
To start with, you will be writing about 5,000 words a week on a paid trial basis. Once you pass the trial, you will be writing about 20 posts a month. Our budget is $60-$150 per article depends on the length, complexity and your experience level. If you add a lot of editorial value to the site, there is a potential to be on a full-time contract with us, or move up to the role of a content manager.
Required for the role:
- Passionate about consumer technology and gadgets
- Have experience writing technical content or gadget reviews
- Ability to follow guidelines and specifications
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to conduct web research independently
- Available to write 5,000-10,000 words a week in the next 3 months or longer
Examples of Topics You Will be Writing About:
- Best GPS watches for kids
- Which Garmin is best for you
- Fossil Q wander review
- Fitbit Charge 3 versus Fitbit Alta
- Armani smartwatch review
- Best Apple Watch Apps
Essential skills for the role:
- Native English speaker
- University degree preferably in English, marketing, communications or journalism
- Excellent writer with impeccable grammar
- Possess a sense of humor in your writing
- Proven track record in writing for the web
- Proficient in Google Doc, Google Sheet and Grammerly
- Hungry to learn best practices in on-page content optimization
- Curiosity to learn about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Your responsibilities as the blog writer:
- Conduct your own internet research on topics assigned to you
- Follow specific guidelines given to you pertaining keywords, formatting, etc
- Write informed, original and engaging content
- Follow best practices for web content
- Optimize your content with feedback from the content manager
- Manage your time to meet editorial deadlines
- Have weekly check-in calls with the content manager
- Has consistent access to a fast internet
- Available for a 30-min check-in call every week
- Preferably within 6 hours of the London/Lisbon timezone
Look forward to hearing from you!