Rainforest QA is a funded, B2B SaaS startup looking for a technical-ish* freelance writer to produce long-form educational content for a software developer audience.
* You don’t need to be technical, per se, but you do need to be able to understand and communicate ideas on technical subjects. More on that, shortly…
We help startup software teams get better at delivering high-quality products more quickly.
That’s where you come in!
- The basis for your work will be interviews with our internal subject matter experts (SMEs). At least initially, our Head of Marketing will conduct the interviews. But if you’re interested, you’d be welcome to run interviews if you demonstrate an aptitude for it and a firm grasp of our positioning and messaging.
- You’ll translate the insights of our SMEs into unique, compelling, actionable content. We’re shooting for a production rate of a ~1,500-word piece every ~2 weeks.
- You’ll work with the Head of Marketing to edit your pieces.
- You’ll report directly to our Head of Marketing, who’s deeply experienced in writing, editing, and managing writers and other creators. Your talents will be appreciated and celebrated.
- If you’ve got the interest and skills, we’ll also involve you in writing customer case studies.
We’re excited to pay a premium for premium contributors.
- You have meaningful experience writing for a software developer audience. Your writing shows that you understand their needs and challenges, and that you know the way they think and talk.
- You have a journalistic mindset and/or background that inclines you to curiosity and thoughtful questions. You love going deep on a subject to understand the details and nuances.
- You can explain complex concepts clearly and weave a well-structured narrative.
- You’re allergic to overused turns of phrase, tired clichés, and other writing crutches.
- You strive to have something original and interesting to say.
Very nice to have:
- You’re well-versed in the concepts and practices of quality assurance (QA) and continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- You’re experienced in writing product-led content.
- You have a technical background and can write in an informed, detailed way about technical concepts.
To apply, please complete our brief questionnaire. We’re excited to hear from you!