Who We Are
Quill & Craft Media is a micro-agency for tech content, copywriting, and branding, owned and operated by a couple based in the UK. We’re too busy helping other brands build their online presence to develop our own, but someday, we’ll hire a developer and social media wizard.
For now, we're focused on building up our remote team, which currently includes writers from the US, Australia, and Nigeria.
The bulk of our work is from B2B companies based in the US and Canada, who need regular blog content in one of two areas:
- Technical/software - SaaS, data science, machine learning, software development
- Modern business/marketing- Ecommerce, entrepreneurship, innovation, PPC advertising
What We Need
We need an experienced tech content writer for ongoing work. Check the lists below to see if you fit the bill:
- Fluent English writer/speaker with US English writing proficiency.
- 2+ years of experience in online content writing
- Sound knowledge of SEO and the ability to create well-formatted, highly-readable, engaging content.
- Strong knowledge of software development topics. For example, APIs, middleware, text mining, site reliability, data integration, document management, etc.
- A genuine interest in learning and writing about digital marketing topics, including PPC advertising/Google Ads, ecommerce, and data analytics
- Available to work on short deadlines (3-5 day turnaround per ~1500-2000w article)
- Able to receive bi-weekly payment via TransferWise
- Understand all projects are ghostwriting, and therefore no bylines will be offered
- Follow project briefs to create content in Google Docs
- Create original content, that reads well, is optimized for search, and is free from any plagiarism
- Communicate via Gmail
- Quickly respond to emails and edit requests
- Take direction to perform edits to high standards
- Apply on ProBlogger or by emailing [email protected]
- We will run trials with the best candidates. The trial is for a lower-tier client who only ever wants rewrites of PPC advertising content.
- We send briefs + style guides
- Send us the first draft as a Google Doc.
- We will provide feedback directly in the same Doc.
- Complete the edits.
- Once finalized, we will pay you for the trial.
- If hired, we’ll send regular work.
- We pay per project (never per word or per hour). Sometimes notes will be provided, so you don’t need to do any research. Other briefs include structure and source links. As such, more words doesn’t always mean more money. (E.g. A 3000w straight rewrite job on PPC is $100, whereas a more technical 1500w article on API gateways with research could be $150.)
- Typically, the initial rate averages out to about $25-50 per hour, but that really depends on the project content, research needs, and ultimately, how fast you can create excellent content in line with the style guides. If we have less editing time, you’re going to rise through the ranks to get more of our higher tier projects sooner than if you rush jobs that end up requiring lots of editing.
- Currently, we expect this role to provide about 15-25 hours per month, for about $800-1200 monthly. This will grow in 2021 as we scale the agency.
- As the business grows, and you gain experience writing for these clients, there will be scope for negotiation.
Apply on this website or by sending an email to [email protected] that includes:
- Your resume or a short blurb about who you are, your experience, and why you're right for this role.
- Specify your preferred topics - tech/software or business/marketing
- URL for your LinkedIn profile.
- URL for your personal writing portfolio site.
- URLs for 3x relevant published pieces with your byline (name on the article).
All the best,