We are looking for a Content Editor to work directly with our writing team to proofread and publish our consumer electronics blog content.
Responsibilities will include proofreading and working to refine writers’ articles, optimizing written pieces for SEO and increasing user engagement. If you have excellent writing and editing skills and experience in the tech space, we'd love to consider you! Please share samples of your work by including either a portfolio or links to your published articles along with your application.
There will also be opportunities to produce your own blogs in addition to editing existing writer's content.
Ultimately, you will produce engaging quality content that speaks to our audience and boosts engagement with our brand. This position will assign projects on an as-needed basis.
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles by content writers
- Update our website and social media pages with new content
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure timely publication
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Proven work experience as a Content Editor, Web Editor or similar role
- Existing knowledge of consumer electronics generally, and smart home, computer hardware, networking, audio, and video industries specifically
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
- 4-year degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field a plus