B2B Sales Writer - Remote Friendly
Your Job in a Nutshell: You will be our resident expert in B2B and consultative selling, including topics such as sales tools (like CRMs), sales strategies, sales cycles, sales management, prospecting, lead nurturing, closing the deal, and more.
Candidates should have direct experience selling products or services to other businesses in a B2B environment. Strong candidates should also have a great network of people with selling experience, such as salespeople, sales managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
This position includes:
- Researching, writing, and editing long-form and actionable articles on sales tools and tactics for salespeople, sales managers, and sales-based small business owners.
- Conducting interviews with sales professionals and experts (drawing from your own network and leveraging your Fit Small Business title to grow your network).
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions on sales-related small business topics for B2B or consultative selling.
Our Mission: To deliver the best answers to people’s questions.
Named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than three million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 180+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does This Sound Like You?
The best candidates for this sales writer role will be strong writers with direct experience with B2B or consultative selling, such as a salesperson, sales manager, sales engineer, or someone who’s worked to directly support these types of roles. They will have high attention to detail, and perhaps most importantly, a passionate desire to teach salespeople and business owners how to become better sellers through high-quality written content.
Qualifications for the success:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a B2B selling role, with a track record of success.
- You have experience with sales tools such as customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- You are self-motivated and able to manage your time with little oversight.
- You are open to feedback, and strive to learn something new every day.
- You are passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- You want to write for an online publication and are comfortable working in a startup environment where things change quickly.
- Bonus points if you have experience writing sales-related topics.
Tools we Use:
WordPress, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru
*It’s fine if you haven’t used these. Just be enthusiastic to learn them.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary
- Quality health insurance (subsidized by FSB)
- Traditional & Roth 401K plans with matching from first day
- Vision, dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- Perks and discounts via our PEO
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.