We're foremost looking for a skin care connoisseur who can write engaging blog articles crafted to drive relevant traffic to our website, with the goal of converting visitors into eventual shoppers.
A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP
Beyond that, we want to build a long term relationship with a writer who can add value across the spectrum of our written brand; so, although we will begin with blog writing, we will look to expand your role to include sales copy and e-mail copy if things goes well. In essence, we're looking for someone capable of becoming a content manager, and who is comfortable with the work that that entails.
Our relationship will begin with blog writing: articles will vary in length depending on content, but the emphasis will be on high quality, value-added articles that our target demographic are actually searching for.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Use research tools to come up with hot, relevant article topics on which to write. We will occasionally specify the topic, but not always.
- Write and optimize your written articles for SEO, based on keywords that you determine are relevant to the topic, or to our products, or occasionally as we specify.
- Select open-source images related to the articles you write (short articles will require only one image) to be used as the article featured image, etc. Optimize the image(s) prior to uploading it for use.
- Upload and publish the final articles on our blog (you will be provided the necessary access rights).
TOPICS AND TEMPO
Article topics can be anything from skin care tips and tricks, to ingredient exposes, commentary on the industry, seasonal advice, and virtually anything else that is relevant to the space. Emphasis is on quality writing about topics that drive relevant traffic.
You will be paid after each article is published, based on the article word count. Before publishing an article, we will review it and provide feedback if necessary (the goal is to minimize this step and potentially eliminate it later). Work tempo will be one article per week, which will increase over time (to a maximum of three per week).
Additional potential jobs include: revising previously published articles to bring them in line with your "voice," revising product page sales copy, writing or revising e-mail copy, and more.
TO APPLY, PROVIDE:
- A little information about yourself. Include your writing experience, nationality, and why you feel you're a good fit.
- Your resume if you have one prepared (not required).
- Work samples of articles you have written that you feel are relevant to our product space (skin care). This is required.
- Include a link to your portfolio and website (not required, but include them if you have them).
- Any copywriting experience you have, especially if it's product page sales copy (not required, so if you don't have this experience, that's ok).
- Your rate (per 100 words)
- Your preferred way to communicate with us if hired (aside from e-mail).
We look forward to building a great long term relationship with you.