We're looking for an editor with SEO experience who can edit articles on the following topics:
- App reviews
- App how-to guides
- General tech topics
- lawn care
- backyard landscaping
- Know SEO or be willing to learn it
- Be a native English speaker or possess excellent written English
- Be detail-oriented
- Willing to conduct research on given topics
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge of how to work with Surfer SEO is a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus
About the position:
- You will need to edit existing articles by adding SEO-relevant wording, external links, etc, and also do fact-checking
- we have a lot of work to do and the volume of work will depend on your capacity
We have very high editorial standards compared to most other blogs. Every post that we edit goes through our strict editorial process where we check all claims and ideas for accuracy. Our readers trust us and we absolutely must ensure the highest quality content.
It's quite likely that in the first few weeks, there will be a lot of training and back-and-forward required, but generally, once you get into the swing of things, that part should be minimal.
Articles you will have to work with can be submitted as a Google Doc shared for editing (no web design required). However, if you know how to edit WordPress posts, it can be done directly in WordPress.
Here’s an example of a brief that you will need to follow (it also contains an example article):
If you cannot edit the above article and/or follow the guidelines, please do NOT apply. Save your and my time.
- Articles must be edited and gone through one or a few reviews before payment is made.
- Payment will be made through PayPal after the article is finalized (has gone through a round of edits). Please note that the payment won’t cover the PayPal fees.
How to apply:
- Please apply through this form (you’ll need to submit 3 samples of your work):
Only the applications submitted through the form will be reviewed.
- If we like the answers and samples you provided, we will contact you to write a paid test edit of an article.
- The test will represent a typical task.
- The test article rate will have a smaller rate of 70% of your desired rate.
After passing the test:
- If you did a test article and we liked it, we will offer you a trial period of 6 (four) articles.
- The trial articles will be paid based on the rate of 80% of your desired rate.
After the trial period ends:
Once the trial period passes, we will hire you permanently at the rate we agreed on in this job posting.
We apologize in advance if you don’t hear back from us. Due to the high volume of applicants, we’ll only be able to get back to writers whom we feel may be a good fit.
Reading instructions till the end is important for this job, so please add “petal” to your answer to the question “Any questions for me?” to show that you have done it.
Please follow the instructions above to ensure your application is considered.