Mediakix is a leading influencer marketing company. Founded in 2011, we were one of the first influencer marketing companies and continue to be one of the fastest growing and most innovative in the space. Based in Santa Monica, CA, Mediakix creates and strategizes influencer marketing and advertising initiatives across YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social platforms. We work in every industry vertical including top auto, CPG, entertainment, tech, gaming, and lifestyle brands. Our clients include top media and PR agencies, along with client direct relationships such as Blue Apron, The Honest Co, Fairmont Hotels, LG, Sleep Number, Hallmark and many more top brands.
We lead the industry in creative integrations, providing strategic media planning across all influencer marketing platforms, leveraging our data platform to provide the best recommendations for clients. Mediakix writes the leading blog and resource on influencer marketing for the advertising industry. We publish trending news, white papers, case studies and content around influencer marketing featured in the Wall Street Journal, Adweek, Mashable, and BuzzFeed.
Working at Mediakix is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing team and get in at the ground floor with one of the best in the business. There are significant opportunities for growth and career advancement for individuals who excel at their role.
About our work environment/culture:
Our Santa Monica office is located just a block from the beach and is full of young, passionate, creative, fun, and driven individuals.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Content Editor to join our team. This person will lead our editorial and social media content initiatives. Our ideal candidate is a strong writer and editor with an online marketing background. The Sr. Content Editor will ensure all elements — writing, editing, research, and website — work together in a cohesive and compelling way.
You need to have the proven capability to write and edit engaging B2B content to attract and retain audiences. You will write high-quality thought leadership pieces, how-to guides, and instructional articles for a B2B audience. For this position, it is essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends.
What You’ll Do:
- Write high-quality thought leadership content demonstrating strong grasp of social media, marketing, advertising, and business industries
- Management of editorial and content resources including writers, designers, and coordinators
- Management of day-to-day editorial, content, and publishing
- Build, manage, and execute a unique and engaging editorial calendar that distinguishes Mediakix content and voice
- Contribute, outline, write and edit editorial content including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, research reports, infographics, etc.
- Collaborate across entire marketing department and communicate regarding timelines, project details, and priorities
- Define and execute on daily content publishing
- Undertake content marketing initiatives to achieve business targets including all supporting social channels and email/newsletter distribution
- Share content through various social media channels, ensuring strong web presence
- Write and contribute to 3rd party partner sites
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field from a top ranked school
- 3-5 years experience in editorial, writing, content marketing including managing teams
- Proficiency in Google Suite, MS Office, and WordPress
- Editorial mindset
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Expertise in social media platforms
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business mission
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our various types of content
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. $65 - $85K DOE.
Please send your resume, a paragraph on why you think you would be the best candidate (no cover letters please), and submit 3-4 of your best B2B content writing samples.
No phone calls.