Ellipsis Marketing (getellipsis.com) is a forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 40% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of people and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
As a marketing agency, our aim is to get great results for our clients, which typically means higher rankings on Google and higher conversions to sales. Our clients include WordPress product businesses selling WordPress plugins, and WordPress agencies selling websites to clients.
How you'll work
You’ll work with our content team to create engaging content that supports our clients’ conversion goals. Most of our content is SEO-driven. We’ll provide you with SEO-focused outlines, and need you to turn them into great blog content.
The majority of our content work is about WordPress, so you should have experience with this (developer or non-developer). Existing experience writing WordPress tutorials is preferred.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work. You’ll communicate with the team through Basecamp, our project management software, and Google meet. We're located in Europe and require European timezone availability.
You'll be a part of our content team who will provide you with editorial support, training and detailed content outlines. You’ll then have “deep work” time to create these articles, to deliver either to Google Docs or straight onto our clients' WordPress. Published posts will be either bylined or ghostwritten on behalf of the client. You’ll have opportunities to be involved across the content process, but your primary work will be writing and you’ll need to be happy writing content at a high volume of four posts per week.
The content we produce is typically a mix of:
- WordPress and WooCommerce plugin tutorials (developer or non-developer level)
- Editorial content and/or case studies
- Listicles such as top 10 WordPress plugin lists
- SEO-focused edits to existing content
Requirements: hard skills
- 2-4 years writing and editing experience, either on a team or freelance
- Knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce (developer or non-developer)
- Excellent writing, grammar, and attention to detail
- Proven WordPress experience with linkable writing samples, ideally WordPress or WooCommerce tutorial
- Working SEO knowledge
Requirements: soft skills
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly, and easily.
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with members of the team on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative, and see projects through to completion
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. You’ll be a full team member, and involved in our team projects, work, and meetups
- Competitive salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience.
- £28-32k/year salary, depending on experience
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (to fun places! ~1 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2022
Please submit the linked form to send your application. We’re especially interested in writing samples, so send us your three best ones! Google Docs links are acceptable.
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make yours stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and how to apply.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
We are accepting applications until EOD 20th February 2022.
- The Ellipsis team