Senior Copywriter - Contract Position
Would you like to work on a brand that is all about purpose and truly makes a difference in the world? Read on to learn about Kiva and the amazing work we do worldwide. If this sounds compelling, please reach out as we'd love to talk to you!
Kiva (kiva.org) is a social impact organization on a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We do this through technology, global partnerships and our flagship marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially underserved entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.57 billion in loan capital for over 4 million borrowers in 98 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide.
Contract Role Overview:
This is for a 4 - 6 month, remote contract position working for the Creative Studio at Kiva (kiva.org) - starting as soon as feasible.
As a Contract Senior Copywriter, you’ll partner with Kiva’s Creative Studio team. The Creative Studio designs, writes and executes marketing campaigns to drive awareness of Kiva and acquisition of new lenders.
The Senior Copywriter will work directly with the Creative Director. You’ll also work closely with other designers and writers on the Studio team, as well as cross-functionally with the Marketing and Content teams.
Key Deliverables/ Expectations:
- Develop concepts for, and write copy, as part of our Tentpole and Evergreen campaigns. Campaign elements include email, social media posts, web and mobile UX, landing pages, and other channels as they are needed.
- Bring to life the Kiva story and develop communications that engage consumers with emotive storytelling while also driving acquisition of new lenders.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the creative team.
- Absorb Kiva tone of voice and write within those guidelines.
- Work within our Project Management tool to complete tasks on time.
- Work on multiple campaigns and deliverables at once with ease.
- Regularly bring new ideas to the team, have a curious mindset, and a desire to always improve our voice and tone.
- We are a small team, the Senior Copywriter needs to actively look for places to help others and be willing to jump in on tasks when asked for help.
- Help mentor other writers on the team, providing feedback and guidance based on your experiences.
- 5-7 years of experience writing marketing creative at an agency or in-house creative studio.
- Ability to decipher a brief and convert that into compelling, succinct copy.
- Experience with documentary-style/human-centric storytelling.
- A clear understanding of advertising/marketing/ direct response writing best practices.
- Experience with writing a variety of channels - social, email, website, mobile, landing pages, etc
- Experience using Google suite and Figma.
- A curious nature (ask questions and learn).
- Ideally 30-40 hrs/week with some flexibility.
What Kiva Offers Contractors:
- A competitive hourly rate paid on a monthly billing cycle.
- Fully remote working, anywhere within the U.S.
- SOW with specific deliverables and timing.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.
- Please submit a resume or LinkedIn (or other) profile that showcases your work history and experience
- Please include samples of relevant work that you have done - samples that showcase how you would be a good fit for working on Kiva campaigns.