Want to inspire more people to explore nature and appreciate its beauty?
We’re looking for a strong, native-english writer who is familiar with the camping scene to write engaging pieces covering all the greatest camping locations in the US and Canada.
Our readers range from the camping-curious to the veteran traveler who just needs some quick information about a specific site.
You’ll be covering camping regions like Yosemite National Park and Big Bend, or doing deep dives on specific campgrounds. Researching activities, attractions, and events will be part of the task. You may also need to scout reviews across the web to gather information. Detailed outlines will be provided for writing assignments.
- Native English speaker
- Able to deliver on a monthly cadence reliably
- Availability to write at least 5,000 words/mo
- Have camped before
Strong Preference to those who:
- Camp routinely (3+ days/mo, 50+ days lifetime)
- Have significant travel experience in the US
- Have a portfolio of quality outdoors/hiking/camping content
- Are well versed in campsite amenities and their implications
Please fill out the Google Form to start your application by filling in a brief questionnaire about your camping experiences!
We'll review responses over the next few weeks, and reach out to those who will be moving forward to the (paid) writing test.
We look forward to meeting you all!