Make School is currently looking to hire a freelance technical writer to help us write more in-depth posts on current technology, tech tutorials, and topics in tech.
Topics could include:
- Blockchains and cryptocurrency
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
- Neural networks
- Comparison of competing languages, frameworks, or technologies
We post content on our blog as well as on Medium and any content produced would generally be ghostwritten (either posted by Make School or by a member of our full-time staff).
We’re looking for a writer who:
- Is passionate about technology
- Has a few years’ experience with both programming and writing
- Can work with assigned SEO keywords
How to apply
Please share in your application the following:
- Your resume
- A description of your experience with programming
- A description of your experience with writing
- Technical content you feel best exemplifies your writing (can be a link or an uploaded document)
- Your writing process (how long does a typical post take you, do you require prompts, etc)
- Your hourly rate
- Anything else you feel would be relevant for us to know
About Make School
Make School was founded in 2012 to empower students to build and ship products that impact their communities. Our core products include:
Product College - An accelerated college program for students who want a hands-on and product-oriented educational experience. The program spans two years. Students learn the Computer Science theory covered by traditional universities paired with the practical experience of building and shipping products, plus soft skills such as ethics, teamwork, and interpersonal communication. The program has no up-front cost, and instead students pay tuition through internship and post-grad earnings.
Summer Academy - A six week program where students of all ages build and ship their own iOS apps or websites.