Our e-commerce software company is growing like crazy! We need a couple of talented writers that understand e-commerce AND can produce well-researched long-form content (1,500 - 3,000 words) and e-mail copy for our site.
Your role will be to write blogs and web pages and optimize for keywords directly on WordPress.We'll also need you to go to existing websites and edit the content to optimize those pages.
The perfect candidate:
- At your core you are a creative writer.
- You may even be in the midst of writing the next Great American Novel.
- You are experienced at adjusting your style to match the "voice" of the clients for whom you write, and can cover e-commerce and anything around it!
- You are organized and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- You have a generally positive and upbeat outlook on life and while you may be a natural introvert, you are comfortable working with small virtual teams and letting others know the status of your progress.
- You are also comfortable speaking directly with clients about possible blog topics and making suggestions on what makes sense given their industry and marketing focus.
- You love researching new topics and are able to work efficiently when preparing to write a piece.
- You're an expert when it comes to American English and rarely miss a trick when it comes to punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- You're writing style is casual and fun, similar to that of MelyssaGriffin.com and NeilPatel.com.
Writers must posses a solid understanding of:
- the English language (U.S. English is your mother tongue and your communication skills are exceptional).
- seamlessly incorporating SEO keywords and anchor keywords
- SEO (LSI keyword - https://lsigraph.com).
- writing persuasive VALUABLE & impactful copy.
- email drip campaigns with compelling subject lines
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
- PLEASE SEND LINKS TO WORK THAT YOU’VE PERSONALLY WRITTEN. Candidates who do not provide samples of work will not be considered.
- What is your absolute BEST piece of work you have written and why?
- What is your experience working with WordPress. Development experience is not required but you would need to know your way around the admin panel.
- What are your daily and weekly hours of availability? And are you committed to any other positions?
- How do you envision working together to generate high quality posts for our company?
The goal is that the person selected will be highly successful at this task and will be retained on an on-going basis to write blog posts moving forward. We would love to publish 2 per week.
To ensure you read the job post - please let us know your favorite ice cream in your proposal.