Do you consider yourself an expert in creating helpful blogging content?
Or, do you pride yourself in doing research to create content briefs?
If you answered yes to these questions, then read on.
We’re a media company that runs a number of authority niche sites. One of those is a site that is specifically focused on helping readers start, grow, and monetize blogs and websites.
We've recently finished rebuilding the site from scratch and are now in the process of adding content. We're looking to take this website to the next level, and need your help and expertise to do so.
We're looking for a remote content writer with experience creating content in the blogging/software/affiliate marketing niche. You will use researching, writing, and editing skills to produce expert-level content briefs or tutorial articles on assigned topics.
You'll also learn how to create content that ranks and brings clicks and revenue to the website.
For writer briefs/article outlines, you'll:
- Do research using a proven, efficient method to put together article outlines - based on data from some powerful content tools.
- Come up with creative and relevant titles and meta descriptions for each outline
- Suggest relevant internal links from other related articles on the site
For tutorial articles, you'll:
- Work from a content brief and write a piece of content that is very helpful, yet free from fluff.
- Remain within simple writer guidelines.
- Add relevant internal links to the site, from both existing and future content/posts.
- Take screenshots of yourself actually using the product and going through the steps needed to do whatever topic you are discussing.
In short, by completing these two tasks, you'll play a critical role in helping our team become more efficient and become instrumental in helping our team work at scale. We're not just building articles here, we're building a system that can grow with time.
Still reading? Great!
- You're a natural-born writer! You probably spent a lot of time perfecting your craft, you have a strong grasp of grammar, and you enjoy the creative aspect of writing.
- You understand the importance of organic search and search engine optimization (and if you don't, you're willing to learn).
- You're organized and independent, but you love working in a collaborative and positive team environment
- You love creating compelling content and you're a continuous learner
- You want to grow in the role and give us the honor to grow your career with us
- You want to go above and beyond, and not just write content but show our readers how things are done properly
While we are looking to specifically fill a position for creating outlines and writing detailed, helpful tutorials, we are always looking to expand our team to other areas of our portfolio as well.
We are looking for talented writers who are also interested in expanding their portfolio, skill set, and eventually, role with our company.
Within 1 month you will:
- Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into Trendline SEO broader organization.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about creating compelling content, SEO, and marketing in general
- Master our grammar and language guidelines
- Deliver content ready for publishing in collaboration with your editor
Within 3 months you will:
- Become completely independent when it comes to writing
- Work on even more exciting projects where you can polish your skills
- Continue to improve and track your progress in content writing and SEO with your editor and Senior Editor
- Deliver near-perfect final drafts
- Progress to a Senior Writer role that will put you on track to further promotion path
Within 6 months you will:
- Progress to a Senior Writer Role
- Mentor, assist, and train new writers
- Create enablement documentation for other writers
Pay: While we like to pay per article and not necessarily on a per-word basis (we like helpful articles that directly address a query, not ones filled with fluff), you can expect this position to pay roughly $0.04/word.
We are looking for long-term partners, not one-off articles. As such, if we both find this partnership to be mutually beneficial, a dependable, long-term stream of income can be expected, as we always have plenty of articles that need to be produced.
We pay weekly via PayPal
Trendline SEO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.