We’re seeking to build a team of freelance writers with 5+ years in MMA Strength Training, Conditioning, Flexibility and Nutrition to write copy that not only helps launch our new site, mixedmartialarts.health, but supports the ongoing updates to the site. The purpose of your work will encompass two areas: (1) motivate visitors to opt in to our eNewsletter as a result of the value delivered in the articles you’ve written and drive ongoing engagement with the content on the website. (2) Create highly motivating affiliate marketing content to entice readers to further explore and consider our marketing partners offers.
The initial launch of the website will require approximately 50 to 75 pages (~1,000 to ~3,000 word count per piece) of content. Post launch we will require content for the site and ongoing eNewsletters. Thus, this will be an ongoing continuous assignment.
Ideally, you’ve been:
- Writing professionally for at least 3 years
- Have 5+ years experience in any one of the domains mentioned above
- You’ve been previously published on sites like MMATrainingbible.com
- Demonstrated understanding of advance SEO concepts, and will be able to apply those best practices into your writing with ease
- English is your native language
- Advanced degree in any one of the domains mentioned above
- Current experience training in MMA or any martial art
- Proven experience delivering successful affiliate marketing content
For your area of domain expertise, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of the site content infrastructure
- Create an annual topic and content plan for the site and the associated eNewsletters
- Write 1 to 2 articles per week to support annual content plan
- Assist with and or evaluate website copy as needed
You’ll also have a portfolio of online articles that have earned a lot of shares on social media.
Finally, we need you to send these four things as a part of your application submission:
- A link to either your LinkedIn profile, resume or website
- Links to 3 to 5 related pieces you’ve published elsewhere; again, preference is to see pieces that are relevant and have social media engagement
- Your rates
- And weekly availability
If interested please send an email to [email protected] In the first line of the email, please state, "I have the completely read the requirements for this position, my experience and qualifications align with the needs of this opportunity." Correspondence that does not include this statement will not be considered.