We're on a mission to empower people rebuilding their credit! We’re looking for skilled and motivated writers who understand that folks rebuilding their credit have a unique set of questions about personal finance, credit and budgeting.
This is a paid opportunity with the potential for regular work on a monthly, contractual basis.
If you have empathy with our audience, have the skills we're looking for, and can reliably produce quality articles, we'd love for you to join us!
You'll create and publish high-quality, in-depth articles that will grow a new audience of credit rebuilders. Our online articles are research-driven and typically run between 800 and 1000 words.
Working with our Editor in Chief, you’ll produce original content every week, and keep raising the bar in providing compelling information to grow and retain our audience.
- Creating and publishing original content as assigned for our financial blog and/or our email newsletter
- Adhering to an editorial calendar by submitting an article every week, on time or ahead of your deadline
- Following our style, voice, and standards, and our checklist of requirements for each article
- Selecting appropriate free images to embed within content to illustrate your story and provide citations as necessary
- Identifying and including appropriate links/resources, including links to our other past articles.
You'll ensure that your work is completed on a timely basis, well in advance of publication dates, and work well with our EIC so as to minimize his need to review and edit your articles.
Your work will lead to
- Increases in website traffic
- Email list growth
- Affiliate results and other KPIs
...while growing your personal brand and following online, on Facebook, and Twitter as a featured contributor! Make a name for yourself as an author and credit expert.
- An expert writer, with excellent attention to syntax, grammar, voice, tone, and all the right details
- Able to make sensitive financial topics friendly and easy to understand
- A reliable, self-motivated problem-solver who meets deadlines
- Experience writing and publishing digital content online
- Familiarity with SEO, content marketing, and social media preferred
- Knowledge of, and background in, credit and financial products a plus
We are in pursuit of collaborative team members who don't cut corners!