Hey there, my name is Mauricio and I'm the CEO and co-founder of Cloudwards.net. Our site features reviews of software and online services, comparisons of them and also guides for consumers and small-business owners.
We’re currently expanding and looking to hire a few new writers that can handle reviews and supporting articles in the following categories:
- VPN providers
- Online backup services
- Cloud storage services
When we say, writers, however, we mean geeks who happen to have some writing skills. If you’re not into getting into the nitty-gritty of a service and really figure out how it works as well as how it compares to others like it, you may not like working for us.
Cloudwards.net has been on the up-and-up for a few years now and we’re looking for people that can help us continue that trend by writing informative and clear copy. We do not expect our writers to be salesmen but rather act as consumer advocates, so leave your marketing style and weasel words by the door, please.
Most of your assignments will involve signing up for a service, playing around with it to discover exactly what it can and cannot do, then writing up a review that covers all the bases your editor has set out for you. We also expect you to take clear and informative screenshots.
What We’re Looking For
To recap, we are looking for writers with the following qualities and skills:
- A strong and deep interest in things tech
- Native English speaker
- Some college-level education
- Ability to follow instructions
- Immune to the Deadline Flu
- A Gmail account
What We're NOT Looking For
- SEO posts, listicles and other low-quality content
- Agency applications (seriously, go away)
- Anybody who hasn’t read this ad carefully
- Marketeering writers who think tech is easy
- People who think reading instructions is for other people
How to Apply
If you feel you’re the man or woman for us, let us know on our Google Docs form here:
To apply all we need from you is:
- Your name
- Why you’re applying
- A link or two to relevant, published content, portfolio links are even better
- Your rate in U.S. cents per word
If we like what we see, we’ll commission a paid, 1,000 word trial article from you to see how we work together. Do well on that and you have a writer position with one of the internet’s fastest growing sites. We hope to hear from you.