First Quarter Finance (FQF) is a leading personal finance website. We have been featured in and cited by a number of publications including U.S. News & World Report, Entrepreneur, Zillow, and Business Insider. We publish articles covering store policies (refund policies, financing options, etc), credit cards, money management, etc. We provide actionable advice for the consumer.
What we can do for you:
- Provide you with the opportunity to impact the lives of our 1MM+ monthly readers.
- Allow you to work wherever, whenever, and at a number of hours that works best for you.
- Offer a wide variety of topics.
- Invite you into a fantastic remote team that has a culture of journalistic integrity and respect for each other.
- Value your contributions. We make sure everything we are doing is for a purpose and no work goes unappreciated.
- Stable work. Founded in 2013, we're expanding. Writers may edit as well if they have the desire and aptitude. Some writers have opted to transition into full-time editors.
- Pay you competitively. $18-$20 per hour. Every two weeks. No invoicing required -- we have a system that tracks and issues payroll via direct deposit or check (you decide) every two weeks.
- Pay raises earned based on performance.
- Feature your bio on our About page.
- As a side benefit, improve your own finances by covering many important topics!
What you can do for us:
- Take an article from a basic outline to near-perfect. Topics are provided.
- Communicate with editors to make sure the final outcome is as amazing as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Library Science, or a related field or related experience.
- You're used to working in an efficient, fast-paced environment.
- WordPress experience is preferred but not required.
- Enthusiasm for the topics we cover is required.
We look forward to hearing from you!